Page 2 of 6
Quote by hugh20
I rather like this i think the tabs should be a bit more customizable, like with genres, if it's possible.

at least specify which tab types you want to have, I'd say.

I like this a lot, it's useful.

if you made each little widget customizable like that, maybe you can have different settings for which things get updated, or see when your friends will be unbanned, or even see who and why you were warned...

I'd get detailed with the little things before any extra widgets are made.

and the warning guy is pretty cool.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I must ask, how do you get your simple module criminal status? I appear to be a hooligan.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by Metallicaxp
Well apparantly I'm in a coma according to the community pulse widget.
Awesome, never knew being in a coma was so awesome.

Loving the new widgets. Great idea!

Edit: Maybe a bit more Zazz can be added to the Recommended Tabs module. It's a little bland with just the yellow and grey.

im flabby
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by the humanity
I must ask, how do you get your simple module criminal status? I appear to be a hooligan.
Just click the line that says simple

simple mode is just the language used in the little sign the inmate is holding.
Warning or Banned.

criminal mode changes that to Hooligan or "On the Rocks".
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Just click the line that says simple

simple mode is just the language used in the little sign the inmate is holding.
Warning or Banned.

criminal mode changes that to Hooligan or "On the Rocks".

ok.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Pretty sweet idea, maybe make it so you can drag them in other places on the front page like at the very bottom of the screen.
Kickass job, Russians The Criminal Status widget in particular is win, since in the past I haven't gotten warning e-mails

Maybe some more customizability, as in the community pulse only follows the forums you want it to...? I never touch the Metal or Jazz forums, for example, so I'm not quite so interested in those.

Also I think the community features should be moved here.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I don't like how the modules push the rest of the page down. I have to scroll down to see the news and stuff now. That is a bit annoying since I'm so used to the front page coming up and having those right there at the top.

I would suggest putting the modules below the Reviews, News, and Interviews columns.
Quote by StewieSwan
a UG IM widget would be pretty cool I think. The others look great. I'm digging the Community Updates one.

Also, for the Community Pulse one, the graph is cool, but what do the numbers mean? How did you determine the scoring for that one?

I agree. Like a UG chat room that people can enter.
I think the recomended tabs module needs to be more "edit-able", or atleast make it so we can stop songs from serten artist come up. I saw Taylor Swift come up on mine like 5 times and I don't have her in my favorites or anything.
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
press guitar tabs and look for a green + sign.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by Life Is Brutal
I have, I've looked everywhere on the home page, nothing. Could someone give me a screenie of where its at?

Try clearing your browser cache and cookies and stuff.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by daytripper75
I don't like how the modules push the rest of the page down. I have to scroll down to see the news and stuff now. That is a bit annoying since I'm so used to the front page coming up and having those right there at the top.

I would suggest putting the modules below the Reviews, News, and Interviews columns.
Colohue voiced concerns about this way back 6ish months ago when the discussions about modules first started. He felt the same way you do. Dunno if he's warmed up to the way it is.

Personally I like it the way it is.
I've been using Module for the last month and have been very happy.
But I seldom wander around news, reviews, and interviews.
Maybe a bit more now, than I used to. But not much compared with some other folks.

Quote by Myfirstpubes
hey guys, nice job on the modules, their cool.any more coming soon?
Maybe one more with a list of recent posts for all public groups. I suggested that and the suggestion was well received. But it takes a while for the programmers to work this stuff up and debug. Dunno if it will come sooner or later.

But more Modules is what THIS THREAD is about.
Please toss any ideas you might have for New Modules on the table for discussion!

Quote by Life Is Brutal
I have, I've looked everywhere on the home page, nothing. Could someone give me a screenie of where its at?
I know EXACTLY what your problem is!

Close the sidebar in your browser.
The green box is displayed to the left and the sidebar covers it up.
It took me 10 minutes to figure that out, the first time through.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Maybe one more with a list of recent posts for all public groups. I suggested that and the suggestion was well received. But it takes a while for the programmers to work this stuff up and debug. Dunno if it will come sooner or later.

I'd definitely go for that. Projects run in groups would die less.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

good job with the modules, nice idea.
I like the community pulse widget.
I would never use the recommended tabs or community updates widget.
i may warm up to friends online and criminal status
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Colohue voiced concerns about this way back 6ish months ago when the discussions about modules first started. He felt the same way you do. Dunno if he's warmed up to the way it is.

Personally I like it the way it is.
I've been using Module for the last month and have been very happy.
But I seldom wander around news, reviews, and interviews.
Maybe a bit more now, than I used to. But not much compared with some other folks.

But more Modules is what THIS THREAD is about.
Please toss any ideas you might have for New Modules on the table for discussion!

I know EXACTLY what your problem is!

Close the sidebar in your browser.
The green box is displayed to the left and the sidebar covers it up.
It took me 10 minutes to figure that out, the first time through.

I don't have a side bar... I see the whole page, everything, and I don't think its there.

Ive got IE 7, closed all other programs, and have cookies enabled.
Its supposed to be near the "Fresh Tabs" Link (Right?), but Its not.
Quote by daytripper75

I thought they would have turned those into modules, so you could arrange them with the others the way you want.

I had another idea, lets say you have a thread you want to keep updated to and have a module tell you when theres a new post, pretty much subscribed threads but module form.

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I had suggested UG have an internal "instant messaging" system, but apparently that would be too complex.

believe it or not, but we might end up having some IM system implemented on the site pretty soon. stay tuned
Quote by zappp
believe it or not, but we might end up having some IM system implemented on the site pretty soon. stay tuned

zappp, I would like to tell you personally you're a wonderful man.

a built in IM would be awesome.

maybe a video chat option?
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by zappp

UG IM if it happens!

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by zappp
wow. just ... WOW!

When i first suggested it, Dmitry "didn't know what that would look like" so I held little hope. After all, he IS the man and pretty amazing. Apparently he has some ideas now. This sounds promising.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
wow. just ... WOW!

When i first suggested it, Dmitry "didn't know what that would look like" so I held little hope. After all, he IS the man and pretty amazing. Apparently he has some ideas now. This sounds promising.

bolded for truth. i agree that it definetely has the potential to be awesome.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
how about making them horizontal instead of vertical like the news/reviews/interviews thing? the only one i'm really using is recommended tabs and it seems like it just takes up a lot of space for one module, though it is very much appreciated
Go Veg.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I had suggested UG have an internal "instant messaging" system, but apparently that would be too complex.

Something like this is being developed right at the moment
fgsfds
Quote by soulflyV
This would be awesome.

Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
it's counting down till my warning is removed. that was a great little touch for the criminal widget.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

How does a Module where you get to pick a genre like say, Hard Rock, and you get to hear some new Hard Rock bands or some great old ones that people have generally missed in the past?
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
Quote by PiCSeL
Something like this is being developed right at the moment

Whoo, i suggested that agesss ago, and my thread died
Quote by zappp

EPIC!

EDIT: I do have an idea for the modules: Make everything movable, like the news bit, the columns bit etc. like the BBC website, www.bbc.co.uk Completely customizable
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Last edited by TimBFMV at Jul 8, 2009,
currently i'm only interested in 1 or 2 modules. it would be nice to be able to expand the width of modules, so for example, i could make the Community Updates module take up two thirds of the total space, and then have another module like Community Pulse take up the remaining one third. would that be possible?
from daylight...
...into darkness