Okay, some of you have been helping me with advice on all those Hartke models, but now Ive got a problem.

Okay, I have an older Hartke head, and a 4x10 Hartke Transporter cab. I used to have a Schecter bass, but I no longer have it, because I jus tswitched back to bass a month ago, and Ive been using my guitarists bass for now. The problem is, the head, it only works with active pickups, so I cant use his P bass in it.

I was gonna buy a brand new Hartke ha3500 head, and keep using his bass for a while until I get a new one, but he just joined a side band and is doing bass for them, and my drummer and I are being put on the side.

Should I buy a new bass with active pickups and keep running through my old Hartke (which isnt that loud by the way), or buy the whole new head, and wait for him?
There is no reason why any head would not work with passive basses.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
There is no reason why any head would not work with passive basses.

haha you dont believe me, come down to Florida and check it out.
The passive input doesnt work.
Its even been taken in to be repaired, and still doesnt work.
That makes more sense. It's a mechanical failure rather than design. I don't think I can afford transatlantic flights to have a look at an amp.

You should still be able to use the active input. It might not be optimal, and you will need to set input gain comparatively high, but it will work.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
That makes more sense. It's a mechanical failure rather than design. I don't think I can afford transatlantic flights to have a look at an amp.

You should still be able to use the active input. It might not be optimal, and you will need to set input gain comparatively high, but it will work.

It's just that with my last band, this amp wasnt even near loud enough, even when I was pushing the volume on max.