Poll: Poll: Please vote - Which one of these guitars do you prefer?
Poll Options
View poll results: Poll: Please vote - Which one of these guitars do you prefer?
Epiphone - Les Paul Standard Plus (550$) (341£) (395€)
5 5%
Ibanez - S520EX (600$) (372£) (432€)
3 3%
Ibanez - S470DXQM (650$) (403£) (468€)
5 5%
Gibson - SG Special Faded (700$) (433£) (503€)
6 6%
Ibanez - S7320 (700$) (433£) (503€)
3 3%
Ibanez - RGT42FX (700$) (433£) (503€)
6 6%
Fender - Highway One Stratocaster (700$) (433£) (503€)
25 27%
ESP - LTD MH1000D (750$) (465£) (540€)
18 19%
Gibson - Les Paul Studio (800$) (496£) (575€)
13 14%
ESP - LTD EC-1000 Deluxe (860$) (533£) (619€)
9 10%
Voters: 93.
I want to buy a new electric guitar. Which one is your favourite?

I play everything.
Last edited by | Lightning | at Jul 7, 2009,
I love that ESP LTD MH1000 with Duncans... it's one solid ass, shred machine, can sweep great on it, stays in tune like a beast.

PS - get the brown one, not the green one.
Last edited by SPBY at Jul 7, 2009,
what music do you play? thats VERY important. out of those the strat is my fave but if you play metal then it's a completely different discussion.
Quote by | Lightning |

I play everything.

if you play "everything" get the fender strat hands down. It IS the most versatile guitar on the list. Most of those guitars are good for rock and metal but NONE can play the blues/jazz/country/acoustic rock like the strat.
everything?

so you play melodic Cherokee tribal music, classical, mathcore, delta blues, bluegrass, hip hop, and jazz fusion?

seriously, what do you play?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
What's your amp and you're current guitar? If you really play everything maybe try get a decent modelling amp (Flextone, Vetta, HD147 shush I only really know Line 6 ones ) and a HSS or HSH guitar or something like that, and put a coil tap on it to get some single coil tones as well as humbucker ones.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
SG would suit everything anf i like it
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by dsss guitars
Got to be the Strat but better tones from the Starcaster

not serious, right?

Cause I gotz a starcaster that sucks balls.
Quote by dsss guitars
Got to be the Strat but better tones from the Starcaster

DIFFERENT TONES. not better.

i hate when people confuse those two...just because you feel strongly about something doesn't mean everyone should agree
Quote by the humanity
everything?

so you play melodic Cherokee tribal music, classical, mathcore, delta blues, bluegrass, hip hop, and jazz fusion?

seriously, what do you play?

I lol'd .

Myself having only played ibanez, epiphones, and a MIM strat, I can only reccomend an ibanez, but since you play everything... look at reviews on the guitars?
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
I just love highway one, really...
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ in Lemon Drop
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Michael Kelly 1953 in Blue Jean Wash
-Yamaha C40M
Quote by Nico the Great
I lol'd .

Myself having only played ibanez, epiphones, and a MIM strat, I can only reccomend an ibanez, but since you play everything... look at reviews on the guitars?

I'm glad, but it twas serious.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by | Lightning |

I play everything.

EVERYTHING??? i dont think so.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I'm a fan of the SG faded.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Isn't the S7320 the 7 string model

i believe you are right, sir.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
My opinions:

Epiphone LP standard - Good for it's price, but since you're able to spend more you can get better.
Ibanez S520 - Generally versatile for modern tones. Good if you want a tremolo.
Ibanez S470 - Similar to S520. I can't really see a difference apart from the looks.
Gibson SG Special Faded - Not the greatest quality. Other guitars will be better than this.
Ibanez S7320 - Do you need 7 strings? If not, the S520 is the same but better.
Ibanez RGT42 - Wouldn't trust the tremolo on this one. If you want a tremolo guitar, see S520
Fender Highway 1 - There are better strats for the money. Try the Deluxe HSS or Deluxe Power stratocasters.
Gibson Les Paul Studio - Not all that versatile, sounds a bit muddy when played clean, and quality isn't as good as other guitars for the price.

The ESP's I'm not sure about. I hear they're great quality, but they don't seem to be the most versatile, judging by the features. I've not tried them.
This is nothing but a big versus thread. Read the stickies, get a little more informed, and try again, but provide more information.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...