Ok, I'm starting GCSE music next year, and I think it's worth investing in a decent guitar and amp. At the moment, I have a Hohner strat copy, that I picked up for £40 off ebay, and a Roland Cube Street. They're both ok ish, but I want to start playing in bands and I want something more playable than the hohner (the "feel" of it isn't great).

My last.Fm can give you a sense of the sort of music I like, but the main influences are;

The Cure
Deerhunter
No Age
The Horrors
Babyshambles

That sort of a thing.

I can spend up to about £700 I guess, and I'm more bothered about a better amp than guitar. I was thinking all tube, and something loud enough for band situation. I've looked at Fender Jaguars in the past, but they are quite expensive (£600!).

Thanks alot.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Hereiwas
Ok, I'm starting GCSE music next year, and I think it's worth investing in a decent guitar and amp. At the moment, I have a Hohner strat copy, that I picked up for £40 off ebay, and a Roland Cube Street. They're both ok ish, but I want to start playing in bands and I want something more playable than the hohner (the "feel" of it isn't great).

My last.Fm can give you a sense of the sort of music I like, but the main influences are;

The Cure
Deerhunter
No Age
The Horrors
Babyshambles

That sort of a thing.

I can spend up to about £700 I guess, and I'm more bothered about a better amp than guitar. I was thinking all tube, and something loud enough for band situation. I've looked at Fender Jaguars in the past, but they are quite expensive (£600!).

Thanks alot.

Jackson KIng V and A mesa boogie triple rectifier
Quote by spleanx

no way can you find a triple rectifier for under £700 even used
Quote by spleanx

You're not seriously suggesting such a guitar, for the bands he listed?
Quote by spleanx

Surely that's a metal guitar?

Thanks for responses everyone. I was also wondering, would 30 watts be about the right amount? I'm not going to be playing sold out arenas or anything, but I guess I want to be loud enough to play small clubs and such.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford