What is a good, easy, effective way to memorize exactly where every note is on the fretboard?
I think the easiest way to do this, is to learn barre chords all over the neck, and then (if you know how chords are constructed) play the arpeggios and say the names to yourself. Def. dont just try to sit there with a list of note names. Another thing you could do would be to learn to sight-read, as when you learn this, you get to work out where the notes are on guitar before you play them!

...but you said easy...hmmm....I dont know if its that easy to do, its definitely easier than learning a diagram etc...
uhh, I'm not very good at it, but I find knowing where octaves are is a good start, eg:

e-------------------------------------------------------12-
b------------------------------------------5------------------
g----------------------------9-----------------------9-----
d------------2--------------------------2--------------------
a--------------------------7---------------------------------
e----------0--------------------------------------------

I don't mean the tab as an exersize, just it's much eisier to show it pictorially. in general on a guitar to reach the next octave, on the string two strings down it's either 2 or 3 frets further down the neck, depending on where you are. that's the one you'll probably use most often cos it means you don't have to move the left hand's position.

of cousre there's like,

e-------------0--12-----------
b----------------------------------------
g-------------------------------------9-
d----------------------------------------
a--------7------------------------------
e-----0---------------------------12---

and others. I'm talking about like, the distance between frets, I know it might look really obvious. I guess that's the key - to get to the point where you can do it without thinking. It's kind of more useful on bass - on guitar there's the b string that kind of throws a spanner in the works.
Quote by Rave765
fretboard warrior, look it up on google. it's a free program
+1

fretboard warrior rocks. Watch Freepower's first theory vid too - its on his profile.