Hey guys,

So I found out I need to have my wiring checked out on my strat, and I figured I want to get rid of my Duncan Distortion for something a little more versatile.

Again, I have a MIA Std. Strat through a Peavey 5150 combo. I got the pup for more punk/metal stuff, but I want to move on to more classic rock, but to have the ability to play rock that is out there today (Foo, Weezer, etc.) Virtually NO METAL or any of that stuff... (if I really want to, I can use the amp for that)

Any suggestions? I heard PAFs style buckers are nice, but is that too limiting on sound?? I am lost when it comes to gear
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
There is nothing too limiting about PAF style humbuckers, they are in fact more versatile than just about any other humbucker you will find.

There are tons, but I've never really heard many in strats, I've owned several PAF style hbs but they all went into les pauls.
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 7, 2009,
I like the '59 from Seymour Duncan, I just... last time made a bad decision with the Duncan Distortion, and don't want to do that again hah!
The Duncan Distortion does not really sound that good.

Seymour Duncan really specializes in vintage style pickups imo, he's repaired, and rewound more PAFs than probably anyone else in history and imo, he makes some of the best replicas.

Imo, every PAF style pickup he has is good and has it's own merit. I honestly like them all, the Duncan '59 is bright, aggressive and cutting, think Jimmy Page. The Antiquities and Seth Lovers are smooth and complex sounding, and probably the most... PAF-ish (?) by most people's convention. But they have a softer, squishier attack than the '59, rounder but they still have plenty of that dry PAF bite and chirp, as well as that slightly microphonic honk in the mids.
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 7, 2009,
Hm. a lot to take in here... I know the distortion isn't what I need and I am dying to get it out. You have given me some things to think about! I appreciate it!