Okay, I have recently acquired 2 guitars for free: a Gibson 1972 SG and a Squier Jason Ellis Showmaster.

However, both these guitars don't suit my needs:

-The SG is in okay condition. I'd give it a 6. It works fine, but cosmetically there are a fair few chips and dings. The hardware and pickups are all original, but the pickups have low, consistent feedback at high-gain, which means it isn't suitable for me.
Also, the tool who last owned it decided to install a neck plate, despite there being no damage to the neck....but it's a tidy job. One of the saddles is also damaged, but doesn't affect the playability

-The Squier Jason Ellis Showmaster is in near perfect condition. It just isn't to my tastes (more of a shred guitar)

So, I'm looking to maybe swap these for a Fender Telecaster Deluxe (I'll swap the pots).

But do you think this would be do-able if I took them to a store?
I have pics:

+

=

?

Thanks!
knowing the stores right now and the economy, probably would get alot of the money off but you would still have to pay at least a few hundred.

but thats just my opinion....
Quote by kabloo12
knowing the stores right now and the economy, probably would get alot of the money off but you would still have to pay at least a few hundred.

but thats just my opinion....

Yeah..

Thats the problem- any historical value that the SG had has been lost through the previous guy tampering.

I could take off the neck plate and rescrew the strap button in.....but there would still be 4 ****ing big holes lol

And I used to hate the ways teles look, but its grown on me alot!
Thanks for your amazingly insightful post system. Go and listen to your crappy SOAD and stfu.

Teles are great guitars, not a big fan of them with the Strat headstock but those are nice axes.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
Thanks for your amazingly insightful post system. Go and listen to your crappy SOAD and stfu.

Teles are great guitars, not a big fan of them with the Strat headstock but those are nice axes.

It is just an opinion. Calm down. I JUST THINK that they may be a great guitar but they look ugly. Don't hate on an awsome band.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-
Quote by system_cky
Don't hate on an awsome band.

I'm gonna leave you to think about what you just said before I get perma'd for my response.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Swap the SG's pickups you bender.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by system_cky
Telecaster is the ugliest guitar in the world.

TBH, I disagree.
They take time, but you will love them.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
TBH, I disagree.
They take time, but you will love them.

I'm a metal player and I love teles, their necks are sooo perfect IMO.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Indiemad
are you insane!!???

Yes as I have previously stated, he is insane.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by system_cky
It is just an opinion. Calm down. I JUST THINK that they may be a great guitar but they look ugly. Don't hate on an awsome band.

I like Telecasters and SOAD.
Go figure.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by Vasser
I like Telecasters and SOAD.
Go figure.

1 out of 2 aint bad

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
1 out of 2 aint bad

I'd like to get it to 2 out of 3.
Let's see, what else....
I like women. Is that enough?
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
I don´t like Telecasters.

I have no idea what you could get for that SG and I´ve never heard of the second guitar.
Quote by Vasser
I'd like to get it to 2 out of 3.
Let's see, what else....
I like women. Is that enough?

Get me an uncensored pic of that avatar above your post. That will be enough

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
even with damage it's a '72 SG!

come on, there's one on ebay right now (in semi-good condition) with a buy it now for $750. thats a tele deluxe right there.

EDIT: forgot fender upped the price. i almost bought a tele deluxe when they were $700, then fender pushed them up to $900 and i said no way. but between the SG and the cool looking Squire in good condition you should be fine. just test out the tele deluxe first! they're awesome guitars to hold, but heavy as all hell and they had a weird problem with getting the high E string stuck under the pickup screw. weird, but if you sit down with one you'll see what i mean
I think I'll try one out....

The SG is cool, but I don't have enough room to justify having two guitars laying around that I don't use!
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm gonna leave you to think about what you just said before I get perma'd for my response.

I thought about it and they are an awsome band. Very creative. You have your opinion.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-
I have to day that squire is pretty hot. I wouldn't mind having one of those.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
personally, I'd keep whichever one I liked better, see how much I can get for the other one, then try and buy it with money and a trade in. But that's just because those 2 guitars for 1 isn't fair IMO.
meh
Quote by get ta led out!
personally, I'd keep whichever one I liked better, see how much I can get for the other one, then try and buy it with money and a trade in. But that's just because those 2 guitars for 1 isn't fair IMO.

**** me, thats a good idea!!!!