I hope you like it - this is my first recording ever and was essentially just a practice session with Audacity that went really well - I had only used audacity for about 5 min before starting recording. Anyway, enjoy.

From the 2007 album The Shepherd's Dog

Iron & Wine - The Devil Never Sleeps
Wow, I absolutely love this, especially your voice (it's has the kind of soft/semi-breathy tone that I aim for). The lead guitar lines at the end really add to the song.

You might want to add more contrast between the two "voices" that are singing/alternating, like adding different effects, different e.q.s, to each of them etc.

my only complaint is that I get the feeling you are reading some of the lyrics as you are singing them, particularly on the lines "Blood on my chin, still chewing on a red rose".

edit: after listening to the original, I appreciate this cover much more, I love how you made it a mellow song. I think I like it better than the Iron and Wine version : D

If you'd like to, you could check out my over of I'll Be Back
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Cheers man. Yeah, someone told me about the contrast between the voices thing as well, so it's definitely something I'm going to do next time. And yeah, I have to hold my hand up, I wasn't reading from the lyrics, but a lot of them, particularly the counterpoint ones for the third verse I had learnt only a couple of hours before. I've really got to practice them next time

Quote by Laces Out Danny
I think I like it better than the Iron and Wine version

If I sigged praise, you can bet this would be in my sig I couldn't ask for higher praise. Well, maybe if Iron and Wine had said "Hey man, we like this better than our version." But I think that's too much to ask
Last edited by LordBishek at Jul 16, 2009,