Page 1 of 6
don't ****ing help anyone who does it, its shamefull if you wana get serious about recording go ****ing buy the program i am sick of this Oh lets just torrent it bull****

or jesus **** if your going to torrent it, do it discretely, please. don't go oh okay i'll go torrent

**** yes for iloks.

EDIT: OKAY. If you torrent or whatever no one cares but if you openly say you torrent...thats just stupid.
Last edited by CatharsisStudio at Jul 7, 2009,
Quote by CatharsisStudio
don't ****ing help anyone who does it, its shamefull if you wana get serious about recording go ****ing buy the program i am sick of this Oh lets just torrent it bull****

or jesus **** if your going to torrent it, do it discretely, please. don't go oh okay i'll go torrent

**** yes for iloks.

Ok dude, i won't mention torrents in this bit of the forum again, i will keep it in the torrents thread.

I think if you're serious, you should go buy the software. If you're a hobbyist, there's some more leniency, at least morally. Then there's people who downloaded their pirated software before 'torrent' existed and have been using the same software ever since.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Why shouldn't I torrent?
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by Benjabenja
Why shouldn't I torrent?

I agree with you dude but people on here don't like it too much, all the torrent talk should be kept in the torrent thread.
Bottom line is......... it's stealing. It's just going to make software developers think twice about putting stuff out if we, as a consumer group, just go somewhere and pirate it. Why put out high quality stuff, with lots of effort and money, for someone to just jack it. Its going to hurt us in the long run.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
i don't know why shouldn't you go to guitar center and steal it off the shelf. its the same ****ing thing. it doesn't come out in the end to what plugs you have it comes down to what the **** you are doing. i can kill and guitar rig and amplitube tone, with numerous free vsts,

i mean if your cool with stealing and being a peice of ****, go ahead torrent, but i hope you get caught, i would have zero problems reporting people. haha
Quote by CatharsisStudio

**** yes for iloks.

What's shamefull about piracy? It's shamefull that you arent capable of thinking that maybe some people can't be assed to spend hundreds of dollars on professional recording software if it's on the web for free.

By the way, why are you so pissed off? Is it because you actually bought some overpriced piece of software and after that you found out you could have had the exact same thing for free?

Oh and if you are against piracy, then go ahead, buy the software. But you can't tell us what to do. Why would we listen?

EDIT

Quote by CatharsisStudio
i don't know why shouldn't you go to guitar center and steal it off the shelf. its the same ****ing thing. it doesn't come out in the end to what plugs you have it comes down to what the **** you are doing. i can kill and guitar rig and amplitube tone, with numerous free vsts,

i mean if your cool with stealing and being a peice of ****, go ahead torrent, but i hope you get caught, i would have zero problems reporting people. haha

If I could, then I would steal guitars just like I do with software. But trust me, the chance that you're getting caught while downloading a torrent is considerably smaller than the chance that you're getting caught trying to smuggle a guitar out of the store under your jacket.
Last edited by Mr. Microwave at Jul 7, 2009,
Quote by TheDriller
why shouldn't you steal a car?

lolwut, you just tried to answer a question with another question, fail.

You shouldn't steal a car cause if you're caught then you're in trouble.
Stealing is all about morals, and no person has the same morals. If somebody wants to steal, let him steal. If he is stealing from you, then kick his teeth in. Simple.

The whole 'stealing' thing is about morals, and not everybody shares your morals. You can't tell someone not to steal.
Quote by Mr. Microwave
lolwut, you just tried to answer a question with another question, fail.

You shouldn't steal a car cause if you're caught then you're in trouble.
Stealing is all about morals, and no person has the same morals. If somebody wants to steal, let him steal. If he is stealing from you, then kick his teeth in. Simple.

The whole 'stealing' thing is about morals, and not everybody shares your morals. You can't tell someone not to steal.

incorrect, on every possible level.

you are a failure.
considering that i've made alot of money off these plugins. they buy them selves practicaly, like superior 2.0 =) i bought it, ampeg svx, i bought that too. a few massey plugs, bought those. i don't think you guys realize how ****ing hard it is to make plugs. people coding there asses off for years, and for some ****ing person to go up and just take it, it sickens me. sure some of it is overpriced but the money your going to make back is awesome.

i mean, you think that stealing is cool right

what about riffs you steal those too!?
Quote by occub
Bottom line is......... it's stealing. It's just going to make software developers think twice about putting stuff out if we, as a consumer group, just go somewhere and pirate it. Why put out high quality stuff, with lots of effort and money, for someone to just jack it. Its going to hurt us in the long run.

+ A GIANT MOTHER ****ING ONE
Quote by CatharsisStudio
considering that i've made alot of money off these plugins. they buy them selves practicaly, like superior 2.0 =) i bought it, ampeg svx, i bought that too. a few massey plugs, bought those. i don't think you guys realize how ****ing hard it is to make plugs. people coding there asses off for years, and for some ****ing person to go up and just take it, it sickens me. sure some of it is overpriced but the money your going to make back is awesome.

i mean, you think that stealing is cool right

what about riffs you steal those too!?

a lot of us are not going to make any money out of them though are we? a lot of us are on here for some fun and want to record a few songs without using the microphone in a mp3 player, are we all meant to pay hundreds of pounds for software that won't work very well on the small computers a lot of us have, will not bring any money back to you and don't sound that good?

And you really need to calm down dude.
torrenting = stealing = wrong. that's how my parents raised me. just because you cna get something for free doesn't give you the righjt to it. i can't afford a lamborgini but if i steal one i go to jail. it's the same freakin thing....
its not the same dude, SOMEONE has paid for the program to get it, and they are just sharing with people, it has been paid for, so how is that stealing?
Quote by muckypup
a lot of us are not going to make any money out of them though are we? a lot of us are on here for some fun and want to record a few songs without using the microphone in a mp3 player, are we all meant to pay hundreds of pounds for software that won't work very well on the small computers a lot of us have, will not bring any money back to you and don't sound that good?

And you really need to calm down dude.

Im never going to make money from automobile repair, but that doesn't entitle me to steal a bunch of tools.

also, there are tonnes of brilliant freeware/cheapware apps and plugins available, i know this because my studio was all freeware plugins running in Reaper up until the point where i started buying software.

if you cant record your songs with the freeware tools, then its not the tools that are at fault.

for example, no-one needs to torrent DrumKitFromHell, a freeware drum sampler and any of the awesome free samples available on the net will do just as well, and in many cases will do better than drumkit from hell.

same goes for compressors, eqs or any other plugin you can name, they all have freeware equivalents.

same as if i cant afford the best power drill in the world for putting up my bookshelf, Tesco sell a perfectly good one for about 20 bucks.
Quote by CatharsisStudio

**** yes for iloks.

Lars?
Quote by muckypup
its not the same dude, SOMEONE has paid for the program to get it, and they are just sharing with people, it has been paid for, so how is that stealing?

jesus man, how wrong can you be?
look up the end user license agreement for any software. you are not paying for the 1s and 0s, you pay for a license to use those 1s and 0s.

they guy who spent his cash in the first place? in return he got a license to use that software, not ownership of the software itself. and certainly not permission to replicate and distribute that software to all the chumps on the internet.

so your argument doesn't hold up, at all.
i have not got any software for my recordings so far from a torrent website, everything is use is a demo, like the guitar rig 3 demo, but all the free drum programs have way too much treble when a cymbal or hi-hat is hit, and from what i have heard, the drumkit from hell does not.
Quote by muckypup

so lets get this right

the company gets 250 dollars for the program

you share it with the world

say 10,000 people torrent it

that company just lost 10,000 customers,

10,000x250 dollars.

yeah that didn't do damage. god no.
Quote by TheDriller
jesus man, how wrong can you be?
look up the end user license agreement for any software. you are not paying for the 1s and 0s, you pay for a license to use those 1s and 0s.

they guy who spent his cash in the first place? in return he got a license to use that software, not ownership of the software itself. and certainly not permission to replicate and distribute that software to all the chumps on the internet.

so your argument doesn't hold up, at all.

come on dude, why are you getting so angry other nothing?
Quote by muckypup
i have not got any software for my recordings so far from a torrent website, everything is use is a demo, like the guitar rig 3 demo, but all the free drum programs have way too much treble when a cymbal or hi-hat is hit, and from what i have heard, the drumkit from hell does not.

eq is a wonder
Quote by muckypup
come on dude, why are you getting so angry other nothing?

Its not nothing though is it? piracy pushes up the price of software for legit users, same as how dumb kids getting drunk and crashing their cars into bus queues pushes up the price of insurance for sensible people.

Quote by muckypup
i have tried, it always sounds awful no matter what i do to it.

thats a problem on your end, not the software. and trust me, DKFH will sound just as bad if you dont know how to process drums anyway.

try a (free) plugin called Shortcircuit v1 (forget about v2, it sucks),

http://www.vemberaudio.se/shortcircuit.php

load up some drum samples and take some time to get accustomed to it, read through the manual and you'll be sorted.

I'll even make a zip of some nice (free) drum samples and upload them to mediafire if anyone is interested.
Quote by muckypup
i will try it out, but i don't know if i will be able to get it to sound good.

If i could get it to sound , then you can too.

its also worth remembering that if your monitoring system isn't up to scratch, then everything will sound **** anyway.
hey just jumping in here to say that piracy is pretty much just stealing, except you dont get caught. I personally buy all my software and have been using reaper as my DAW ( the free trial has run out, but it sitll runs, however your supposed to buy it after 30 days so im using it alot less and im prob going to buy pro tools m-powered) THere is tons of free software out there that does the job pretty damn well. Software im using primarily now is GP5,Guitar Rig 3, and Superior Drummer 2.0/Drum Kit from hell. This all cost a decent amount of cash but if your serious about something you should be willing to spend the cash. And if you say "well im not into it seriously so i dont want to spend money" GET FREEWARE. theres so much of it online and its FREE. if your not serious you dont need pro software. and to the guy that said he would steal a guitar if he could, im sorry but your an a******
Quote by muckypup
i'm interested in the drum samples you were talking about, how much do they take up?

not much at all, i can upload a few nice ones, some good kicks, hats and snares, and a few toms. enough for a rock and metal kit.
I find it interesting that the people that actually know what they're doing are against pirating.

It's also interesting that the people that don't pirate could turn out a better recording with reaper, than a pirate with logic pro/pro tools.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by willieturnip
I find it interesting that the people that actually know what they're doing are against pirating.

It's also interesting that the people that don't pirate could turn out a better recording with reaper, than a pirate with logic pro/pro tools.

This entire post is FACT, take notes people.

Hey Willie, Tagteam?
us vs. the world

waddaya say?
Last edited by TheDriller at Jul 7, 2009,
Quote by willieturnip

True.

Those of us who work hard for our money and save, appreciate things more and are more inclined to make things work.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by TheDriller
This entire post is FACT, take notes people.

Hey Willie, Tagteam?
us vs. the world

waddaya say?

The world doesn't stand a chance!

Quote by CatharsisStudio
can i tag along ;D

Definitely.

I'm pretty sure we three should be mods. R&R would be a much better place, all be it a massively opinionated one.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)