Been doing some gigs lately and I think its probably time to upgrade from my ****ty MG30dfx I mainly play RHCP through my Strat, and occasionally some heavier stuff (soundgarden, stone temple pilots, GNR) through my BC Rich mockingbird

What's everyone's opinion on the TSL602? It's at the top of my price range, but I've heard very good things http://www.dv247.com/invt/61204/

Or maybe the JVM215c? http://www.dv247.com/invt/61160/
I know it's 10w less, but will that be noticeably quieter? I have a very loud drummer to compete with.

Any advice or suggestions are much appreciated

james
Are you set on a marshall? Do you like the cleans? I find almost all marshalls to be very muddy/mushy.

Fender twin and a drive pedal?
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
the clean isnt really a problem as I rarely ever play clean.

I just really want to know the difference between the 2 amps I posted above ^
Or maybe it would be better to get the JVM410H and cab seperate?
Volume depends on more than just the power output, and even then, the difference between 50 and 60 watts isn't that great.

The JVM sounds great, but it's really expensive. I've played better amps that cost way less.
The TSL I wasn't too impressed with. It had a nice clean sound (surprisingly, for a Marshall), but it kind of lacked punch on the distortion channel.
I've Heard TSL's are very muddy and genrally abit 'meh'
DSLs on the other hand are great if you're playin' with a band and can crank it, without the band and being able to crank it it's a muddy piece of **** tbh XD

EDIT: Also this should be in the gear thread!

Reported to get it moved, you'll get a much better response.
Last edited by Zakk_Lp at Jul 7, 2009,
TSLs aren't impressive to my ears. Very boring sounds. Cleans are classic marshall (i.e. horrendously muddy and undefined, with no top end).

The DSL401 I played a while back was pretty nice when the power tubes got going. But the cleans where still bad.

How about a JTM45 reissue? Or fender bassman?
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by JDRM
Been doing some gigs lately and I think its probably time to upgrade from my ****ty MG30dfx I mainly play RHCP through my Strat

Quote by JDRM
the clean isnt really a problem as I rarely ever play clean.

Jcm 800
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sashki
Volume depends on more than just the power output, and even then, the difference between 50 and 60 watts isn't that great.

The JVM sounds great, but it's really expensive. I've played better amps that cost way less.
The TSL I wasn't too impressed with. It had a nice clean sound (surprisingly, for a Marshall), but it kind of lacked punch on the distortion channel.

agreed, pretty much. i'd vastly prefer the jvm to the tsl, but at its price you have several other options, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?