What do you think of them ?

And I don't mean bands like U2, who basically talk about politics in between songs. I mean bands whose lyrics ACTUALLY deal with politics...RATM style and so forth.

Personally, if a band is going to try and pull that **** off, it better offer a compelling perspective or have an element of keen insight rather than spewing useless rhetoric like ''WAR R BAD''

That, and the music BETTER be ****ing great.

Good example - Sacred Reich

Bad example - Megadeth (sometimes)
They bore the hell out of me.

I cannot remember the last time a band had something new and fresh to say regarding politics.
sometimes they are a bit hypocrit so I guess most of them sell out cause it's "cool" to bash the gouvernement
Last edited by ComradSputnik at Jul 7, 2009,
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
If it's done with feeling and not for the sake of being anarchistic then yes.

I am the antichrist
I am an anarchist...
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I like the one by Linkin park (hands held high) about bush and the war but thats about it ... its quite a touching song
Megadeth tries too hard to be politically active.

Other bands do it subtly but it hits you hard, like Testament, Annihilator, etc.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
Pink Floyd the Final Cut is pretty interesting.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Does Strike Anywhere count?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
*cough*greenday*cough*

i wouldn't mind them if they were few and far in between...too many bands try to be political and few bands can pull it off without sounding retarded.

but anyway, politics isn't really my favorite song topic
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
The entirety of The Resignation by the Rx Bandits was pretty politically charged and it was a great album.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
International Noise Conspiracy?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
RHCP up to BSSM.

Lots of hip hop, but my guess is you don't care. If you do care however, I'd be glad to list a few of the best artists with socio-political themes in their music.
Hmm.. I'm pretty sure that Bad Religion does.

Oh and the Dead Kennedys.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by pwnerer
RHCP up to BSSM.

this
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Yay somebody got it!!!

Thats what i get for owning all four seasons of futurama!

Quote by Zero-Hartman
She's a fucking vampire! Hit that shit with a stake.
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
If it's done with feeling and not for the sake of being anarchistic then yes.

This. I think State Radio is pretty much the best at it, even though no one knows who they are....
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

better in their music than between songs... if it's in their music it's at least an artistic representation...

between songs it's just taking advantage of the people who came to hear you play music... not listen to you push an agenda
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Not really bothered. Don't see a reason why bands shouldn't be political. Depends on what kind of views they advocate though.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
This. I think State Radio is pretty much the best at it, even though no one knows who they are....

*raises hand*

I'm one person that knows who State Radio are!

Oh and off topic a bit I guess, but did you hear Dispatch just got back together last month for another show? I was soo sad I missed it...