Page 1 of 2
What do you think of them ?

And I don't mean bands like U2, who basically talk about politics in between songs. I mean bands whose lyrics ACTUALLY deal with politics...RATM style and so forth.

Personally, if a band is going to try and pull that **** off, it better offer a compelling perspective or have an element of keen insight rather than spewing useless rhetoric like ''WAR R BAD''

That, and the music BETTER be ****ing great.

Good example - Sacred Reich

Bad example - Megadeth (sometimes)
System Of A Down
Serj Tankian
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Wow, my time machine works!
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
There's a good Kid Rock quote. I can't remember it, but he basically sums up by saying it's not a place for musicians to get involved in. And I agree with him.

After a quick google:

"I truly believe that people like myself, who are in a position of entertainers in the limelight, should keep their mouth shut on politics. Because at the end of the day, let me tell you what I ’m good at: I’m good at writing songs and singing. What I’m not educated in is the field of political science. And so for me to be sharing my views and influencing people of who I think they should be voting for … I think would be very irresponsible on my part."
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Last edited by Badreligionrock at Jul 7, 2009,
Anti-Flag
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Cephalic Carnage and Napalm Death. Not sure how politically deep, so to say, they are though.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Against me!
Crass
Citizen fish/ Subhumans
Dead kennedys
Last edited by Nietsche at Jul 7, 2009,
I just think of them as any other band with any other message within their lyrics...
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
WAR PIGS - Black Sabbath
&
Pretty much every other Megadeth song.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Quote by Chris.Rock.Art
I like you and you are special

Quote by perry589
I don't wank. I auto fellatio.

Quote by GuitarYay
Story Of The YEar, Their newest album, listen

To be honest, I'd rather read a good newspaper to get up to speed on political issues.

Actually, I'd rather read a newspaper anyway
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Anti Flag
Propaghandi

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I think that many of those bands are some of the best I've heard.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by Rising

And I don't mean bands like U2, who basically talk about politics in between songs.

You mean inbetween songs like Pride and sunday bloody sunday?
Quote by Badreligionrock
There's a good Kid Rock quote. I can't remember it, but he basically sums up by saying it's not a place for musicians to get involved in. And I agree with him.

After a quick google:

"I truly believe that people like myself, who are in a position of entertainers in the limelight, should keep their mouth shut on politics. Because at the end of the day, let me tell you what I ’m good at: I’m good at writing songs and singing. What I’m not educated in is the field of political science. And so for me to be sharing my views and influencing people of who I think they should be voting for … I think would be very irresponsible on my part."

Lol wut?

But seriously he kind of makes a good point that a lot of bands that try to be political often dont really know enough about what they're talking about. Then again, i dont need to know much about politics to know that all the MP's claiming expenses on everything including a duck island and a moat for their house for the taxpayer to pay is corrupt and wrong.
Plus some bands i think know more about what they're doing. The members of RATM for example - morello was a harvard graduate, hes obviously an intelligent guy and i'd assume the others are somewhat well educated...
system of a down
some pennywise
Tool
flobots
Rage against the machine
newer slipknot
SDooper Man

Guitars
-Jackson DK2M
-Pignose
-Washburn accoustic

Amps
-Fender Frontman 25w DSP
-Roland Micro-Cube

Effects
-Digitech:Hot Head
-Digitech:Black 13
-Vinci: wah
System of a Down would have to be my favorite of those mentioned. Also some of the newer slipknot tunes and tool.
Cyanide Drip

Quote by Myfirstpubes
you're saying that everytime someone in the Pit fapped, they produced magic? Wow, we'd be in fucking Narnia by now by the Pit's rate of masturbation.

Quote by larrytheguitar
I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Rise Against?

i almost put them down.. but there is maybe just a hand full of their songs
SDooper Man

Guitars
-Jackson DK2M
-Pignose
-Washburn accoustic

Amps
-Fender Frontman 25w DSP
-Roland Micro-Cube

Effects
-Digitech:Hot Head
-Digitech:Black 13
-Vinci: wah
Quote by sykohyko
System of a Down would have to be my favorite of those mentioned. Also some of the newer slipknot tunes and tool.

You Everyone should check out Protest the Hero.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by Rising
Bad example - Megadeth (sometimes)

Most of their political songs are great. Holy Wars, Symphony of Destruction. Countdown to Extinction, Architecture of Aggression, Ashes in Your Mouth, Captive Honour, Foreclosure of a Dream, Take No Prisoners and so on..
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by Badreligionrock

After a quick google:

Quote by Badreligionrock
Kid Rock

Quote by Badreligionrock
I’m good at writing songs and singing

Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Rise Against?

Yes.

Also, SOAD. But they can get annoying at times.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by Badreligionrock

After a quick google:

+1
Job For A Cowboy's latest album
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by Tire Me.
Depends on how articulate they are and what their beliefs are.

well they're beliefs will only ever be liberal or left-wing, since it is the interest of right-wing politics for masses to be disinterested

also conservatives r stupid
Page 1 of 2