ok ive learned stuff like cream i feel free, boris the spider by the who, etc etc

ive played these songs the way i think they go, then after playing it a few times i go onto tabs or how my teacher plays it, its different, im not saying a different way of playing it but i just sometimes play wrong notes.

is it ok to transcribe and still be wrong, playing it the way i want?
"Been Dazed And Confused For So0 LoNg ItZ n0T Tru3"

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
Just play along with the music and see if it works.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
It's ok, but your not playing that song if the notes are wrong. You are playing a version of that song.

Kind of like in commercials. It sounds very similar to a song you know, but just a little different so they don't get sued.
it does with me but then its oddly not exact.

i get the keys, scale, chords, melody etc

but somethings always out of place slightly for e.g i improvise slightly on my melody.

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
Quote by srob7001
It's ok, but your not playing that song if the notes are wrong. You are playing a version of that song.

Kind of like in commercials. It sounds very similar to a song you know, but just a little different so they don't get sued.

sued? lol confused me xD

EDIT: oops, double posted :/ soz

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
I would transcribe the song and then compare it with its tab or your teacher. It's a great way of correcting yourself.
hm, suppose it is but i still prefair playing it my way, makes me feel proud playing xD its hard to explain.

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
Quote by neo14085
sued? lol confused me xD

EDIT: oops, double posted :/ soz

Not saying you will get sued.

Just that in some tv commercials they will have a song playing that sounds a lot like a classic song, but something will be slightly different, so they don't get sued...because they don't have permission to use the original song in the commercial.

Honestly though, if only a few notes here and there are off just keep at it until you can correct those notes to sound right.
the guitar is tough because you can play the same note in the same octave at different places on the fretboard. play it whatever seems the most logical to you.
In my opinion, it's much better to learn a song by ear than by tab (when you can), even if it's less accurate. Learning by ear helps you find your way around the fretboard better than just reading some numbers does. And it builds skills that will come in handy if you ever improvise with other musicians.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.