Finally got it all finished and put back together, so I figure it's time to show it off.

It was a Grey RG321MH. I didn't really dig the color too much, and it ended up falling to the concrete in the garage when installing EMG pickups. There was some wood showing, so I decided to give it a more desirable finish.

So here it is sanded down to the wood:

Sanding sucked, I'm so glad I used an electric sander. Under the paint coat was several millimeters of some blue crap that I couldn't identify but took forever to sand off. I ended up burning up a few sanding sheets as I would tilt the sander to make the job go quicker.

After getting here, I was stuck for a bit on what to do. I was going to stain it, but the grain and color difference at the right glue point had me worried a stain wouldn't work too well. Since I couldn't come up with a decent idea for a solid paint finish, I decided to just stain it dark and if it didn't turn out well I could always go back and paint.

So here it is with the staining finished. I use Minwax Ebony.

And here it is after clear coating and put back together:

And a body closeup:

The stain really brought out the sanding mistakes I made, and the insides of the horns aren't perfect since I used a dremel and didn't control it very well. Overall I think I did pretty well, I like how it looks and didn't screw up too bad.
We need bigger pics!
Also, from what I can see, the colour is awesome!
How many clear coats and stain did you do?
you should also change the knob color on the pup selector, White doesn't work to well.
..I was watching my death.
Pretty gr1m looking, akshully
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by timbit2006
We need bigger pics!
Also, from what I can see, the colour is awesome!
How many clear coats and stain did you do?
you should also change the knob color on the pup selector, White doesn't work to well.

I guess photobucket resized 'em, where else can I use?

I think I did 4-5 coats of stain, and probably 7 or so clear coats since it was a spray can.

And the black pup knob that came with it doesn't fit well and may be MIA, but I'll see if I can find it.
Quote by disk11
I guess photobucket resized 'em, where else can I use?

I think I did 4-5 coats of stain, and probably 7 or so clear coats since it was a spray can.

And the black pup knob that came with it doesn't fit well and may be MIA, but I'll see if I can find it.

You don't need to use a different place, just post the URL of the pic with the IMG tags, which should be one of the things in your little drop-down menu on PB

The person who said they were small pics: Click on them
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
You don't need to use a different place, just post the URL of the pic with the IMG tags, which should be one of the things in your little drop-down menu on PB

The person who said they were small pics: Click on them

I figured I'd do thumbs to save bandwidth.

But thanks for the postive feedback everyone
Now that I look at a big pic...
It's got even more AWESOMENESS!!!!!

I think It's time to clean your fretboard too...
..I was watching my death.