so i've been looking at these for a little over 2 years. a good price came up on ebay (and no matter what anybody says i've ONLY had good experiences from ebay) so i jumped on it!

not sure why everybody feels the need to take a picture of the box, but i will too

the Les Paul BFG! not only is it pretty much flawless, but it sounds amazing and the kill switch is insanely convenient (ok, so i don't use it for solo-ing, but it's nice when i'm trying to hear my TV between songs). not only that, but i think the top looks insane! i love the natural look. they came in black, gold, and red. and there was a special addition of natural, ink blue (very very cool too), bullion burst, and silver burst.

gibson P90 in the neck, Bustbucker III in the bridge. pretty much the opposite of my RG570, but i love it.
Very nice, especially the pup combo.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
It's nowhere near flawless but that's the charm of it; it's a raw, no bullshit journeyman's Les Paul.

Sweet guitar, although it's sure to divide opinion.
Epic.

How much? I can't see the point in paying extra for a Gary Moore sig when this is the exact same guitar (???).

Clips nao!!
Yummy, I like the wooden knobs
Quote by Snake™
Yeah, becuase Buckethead is like 6' 8" and his hands are bigger than George Lopez's head.

Quote by Scutchington
"You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!"
Quote by greggybhoy
Epic.

How much? I can't see the point in paying extra for a Gary Moore sig when this is the exact same guitar (???).

Clips nao!!

This one's discontinued now though. If you want a new BFG you have to shell out for the Moore.
It's quite similar to what Ibanez did with the Satriani series; as Satriani specified the Aerodyne profile they discontinued the Radius series so that if you wanted the Aerodyne profile, you had to buy the Satriani.
The difference here is that the only differences between the Moore and the regular BFG are totally superfluous.
You'd think that Gibson would make a Gary Moore signature based off Peter Green's '59 les paul.
does bfg stand for 'bad ****in guitar'? i was always curious.

(bad as in badass.)

sweet buy right there
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by al112987
You'd think that Gibson would make a Gary Moore signature based off Peter Green's '59 les paul.

You'd think that gibson would make a Peter Green signature based off Peter Green's '59 Les Paul, too.
Quote by al112987

They already (sort of) did, back in 2000. It was the first guitar to have Burstbuckers in aswell.

But yeah, I love BFGs, its my joint fav Les Paul (along side a VOS '59) . TBH, I think it would be worth shelling out for a GM one, cause I'm getting one in August if all goes well.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
They already (sort of) did, back in 2000. It was the first guitar to have Burstbuckers in aswell.

But yeah, I love BFGs, its my joint fav Les Paul (along side a VOS '59) . TBH, I think it would be worth shelling out for a GM one, cause I'm getting one in August if all goes well.
Yes you're right, I completely forgot about that, I remember the first burstbuckers being released with that guitar, but not the guitar itself.
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 7, 2009,
this cost me $800, which i feel isn't TOO bad since i really really wanted it for $1500 back when they were selling these new. they're on ebay every now and then.

the only thing wrong with this one is (you can see in one of the last pictures) the original owner tried to take the cloth material off of the pickup (i guess he thought it would be even more raw looking) but i think he just ended up getting wax all over the outside. so i'm going to try to clean that up, but besides that it's awesome!

and i love the gary moore signature, i almost went for one of those instead, but decided this was a better price. the burst on the gary moore is AWESOME
that thing screams BAMF! ... i bet it sounds as dirty as it looks
Nice. I'd get a mounting ring for the bridge pickup. It' looks a bit average. But the guitar is sick.
Quote by just17n8
that thing screams BAMF! ... i bet it sounds as dirty as it looks

yep! ordered maple pickup rings, 3 maple knobs, and a maple 3 way switch tip! i'm excited, but i ordered them forever ago (for a different guitar) and i'm anxious to get them and see how they look. hopefully they match the body color ok, but honestly if they don't thats kind of what the BFG is all about

and i really do think BFG is badass f-in guitar, but gibson's never even given a hint as to what it's for (as far as i know...)
great, now you know that if demons ever attack you can always rely on the trusty BFG

(cookie for he who gets the reference)
Very Nice, HNGD!
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by CoreysMonster
great, now you know that if demons ever attack you can always rely on the trusty BFG

Big friendly giant
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by CoreysMonster

Doom FTW.

HNGD TS!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.