Page 1 of 3
What happens if you swallow mouthwash?

The back of the bottle always says do not swallow but i dont really see how this is possible to avoid. Apparently saliva stays in your mouth upto 2 weeks after kissing somebody, so inevitably some will be swallowed. I fear this may too be the case with mouthwash.

Does anybody have any experience of swallowing this potentially toxic liquid?
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
You'll die.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
You get superpowers.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by AlecMag
You'll die.

Yup. You're ****ed if you swallowed any.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Quote by rabidguitarist
You get superpowers.

You'll be super-dead...?

srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Guys please take this seriously, im genuinely worried about my health....
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
You will turn into a pillar of salt
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
If you drink to much of it, Hilary Clinton and elmo will find out were you live and devowel you.
I just had a bad stomach the next day... although i didn't swallow an awful lot.
Gear.

Gretsch G5120
Fender Strat

Peavey Classic 30

Barber Tone Press
EHX Micro POG
Frederic Effects Zombie Klone
MXR GT-OD
Boss DD-20
Boss RV-5
You will sh*t lions.

If it was just a little bit, you'll probably be fine, but otherwise I would call poison control or go to the doctor or something.
Corona Corona
Last edited by demoniacfashion at Jul 7, 2009,
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
My friend did that once

...he is dead now

That was the most generic, expected response ever, but for some reason, I lol'd pretty hard when I read it.

Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
So, you're telling me, that if i kissed my mom last week, and my girlfriend today, and their saliva is squishing around in my mouth, then that means that they made out?

Dude, that is so cool.

Bedit: Serious answer: I think it's fine if as long as you don't drink too much of it. I've swallowed some before and nothing bad happened to me.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jul 7, 2009,
well... in all honesty id assume it would eat away at your stomach lining and cause some blistering, possibly get into your bloodstream and poisen you. youd get ulcers down your throat and through your digestive system, pretty nasty situation in your bladder whn it gets in there.. in short. yeah youll prolly die
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
Quote by The_Casinator
If you drink to much of it, Hilary Clinton and elmo will find out were you live and devowel you.

Ah.. the old devowelling.

Tht hppnd t m n tm.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by sylphin
well... in all honesty id assume it would eat away at your stomach lining and cause some blistering, possibly get into your bloodstream and poisen you. youd get ulcers down your throat and through your digestive system, pretty nasty situation in your bladder whn it gets in there.. in short. yeah youll prolly die

oh no see now im really worried. Also apparently i will excrete lions?

is this true?
Quote by RG5EX1
That was the most generic, expected response ever, but for some reason, I lol'd pretty hard when I read it.

thats what I was going for deadpan humour ftw
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I drank a whole bottle once, i turned into a bandana

As you can clearly see in my diagram,

It is far more likely that you will become banana from drinking mouthwash.

srsly.

Last edited by AlecMag at Jul 7, 2009,
i swallowed some ten years ago and i died. in fact, im dead right and am typing this through a gateway of the living and dead
well I drank quite a bit and I threw up after a few hours. It just makes you feel sick nothing more. YOu might not even puke but I have a sensitive stomach. Nothing to worry about tho it's not a good idea to drink it as if it's water or something 'cause you'll puke seriously
no you wont excrete lions.. nor will anytihg of what i described prolly happen to you.. youll prolly just feel a bit sick.
hopefully o.0
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
Quote by ampoverload
i swallowed some ten years ago and i died. in fact, im dead right and am typing this through a gateway of the living and dead

So they DO have UG in hell!
I knew it!
Most mouthwash contains alcohol.

If you swallow enough of it you might get drunk

:

.............................I Got Bored.
Quote by AlecMag
As you can clearly see in my diagram,

It is far more likely that you will become banana from drinking mouthwash.

this illustration is correct, have fun becoming an edible, seed containing fruit
It wont do anything. I've swallowed a mouthful on accident before. Its no biggy
Gear: Gibson SG standard EMG ZW pickups, vintage Acoustic combo, Boss ME-50, 12 string Ibanez.
Quote by Dopemgs
well I drank quite a bit and I threw up after a few hours. It just makes you feel sick nothing more. YOu might not even puke but I have a sensitive stomach. Nothing to worry about tho it's not a good idea to drink it as if it's water or something 'cause you'll puke seriously

oh thats a relief, you see, i spilt a bottle in my bath and well, i was giving my turtle a bath and a bit of exercise. Do you think he will be ok?
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
this illustration is correct, have fun becoming an edible, seed containing fruit

We must test this theory.

TO THE MOUTHWASH!

EDIT: it worked. I'm a banana. crap.

srsly.

It drank the mouthwash? It'll be alright nothing to worry about animals have a better system than we do It'll excrete it easily nothing to worry about tho I think you should ask a vet as well.

Edit: On second thought I think there's no need to ask a vet even. There's nothing to worry about unless it has drunk all of the mouthwash or something
Last edited by Dopemgs at Jul 7, 2009,
Page 1 of 3