Why are so many of us buying up all these PRS guitars recently?

For me it was an instant love affair with my first PRS. I simply had to have more. The FREE Pickup Upgrade was a big plus, but I've yet to send any of mine into the factory for it. Each one is amazing in its own way. Sometimes it's hard to even decide which one to take to the jam. So what's your story???
I wanted a new guitar. It was between a Les Paul and an SG since I loved my strat, but wanted a humbucking guitar. Someone put an add up for a PRS for 900, and I was like wow, that's cheap. So I went and tried it out. Then 5 minutes later I bought it and never looked back.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I remember your big NGD that made all of UG jealous when you got your PRSs. I don't own one, but my guess is more people know about them. Internet and advertising and whatnot.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
I havent had the privilege of playing one yet

tbh its the price that scares me, I would love to own one but I dont think they do a decent mid-range priced guitar
Quote by thehikingdude
Sometimes it's hard to even decide which one to take to the jam.

i could see how that would be a problem, its like having to chose between jessica alba and her equally hot sister
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I havent had the privilege of playing one yet

tbh its the price that scares me, I would love to own one but I dont think they do a decent mid-range priced guitar

The CE is an upper mid range guitar. You can find used ones in the 1000 range.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I was in market for a new guitar, tryed the SE 24 out and i loved it. ($600 model not the 2g one :P _)
'cause they're nice, even IMO the SE's are better than a lot of guitars for the price.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I think it's because Gibson's finally pissed off nearly everyone. Both companies' main guitars give similar feels and tones and are respected for their high quality. Gibson have been total bastards recently though while PRS has gotten more and more endorsements and other than their occasionally outrageous prices, haven't stepped on anyone's toes yet. People who would have bought a Gibson a few years ago now go straight to PRS instead.
That, and PRS stepped up their production and distribution so there are more PRS sitting in stores now than there was a few years ago.

More guitars sitting in shops and less competition = higher sales.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Seems kinda like a silly question, doesn't it? People like buying nice guitars!! For me, I make such a small amount of money that it's tough enough for me to break even each month. But if I had a steady profit income, I'd would definitely save it up for a PRS. But it takes so long for me to get enough money for a lower mid price range, so it's like ****.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by MrFlibble
I think it's because Gibson's finally pissed off nearly everyone. Both companies' main guitars give similar feels and tones and are respected for their high quality. Gibson have been total bastards recently though while PRS has gotten more and more endorsements and other than their occasionally outrageous prices, haven't stepped on anyone's toes yet. People who would have bought a Gibson a few years ago now go straight to PRS instead.
That, and PRS stepped up their production and distribution so there are more PRS sitting in stores now than there was a few years ago.

/thread.
Flibble's right.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by MrFlibble

That SHOULD also = lower prices
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by stinger12345
That SHOULD also = lower prices
Not when production costs are almost three times higher than they were two years ago, and when PRS insist on increasing their own production costs by using particularly high-grade wood and throwing out any wood that isn't visually perfect.

Really that's my only beef with PRS. I'd love one myself, but I find it hard to like a company that takes itself that seriously. I've met a rep from PRS once and he was the must humourless, dull person I've ever met.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Not when production costs are almost three times higher than they were two years ago, and when PRS insist on increasing their own production costs by using particularly high-grade wood and throwing out any wood that isn't visually perfect.

Really that's my only beef with PRS. I'd love one myself, but I find it hard to like a company that takes itself that seriously. I've met a rep from PRS once and he was the must humourless, dull person I've ever met.

Who gives a **** about "liking" the company -- the guitars ROCK. Would they rock more if the rep was a laid back clown?
Quote by MrFlibble

If PRS stopped using high quality woods it wouldn't be a PRS, it would be like any other guitar company out there. That's why they have the SE line.

And that rep should be slapped. Reps are supposed to be exciting so you can be excited about their product.
Quote by IcariumTheLost
If PRS stopped using high quality woods it wouldn't be a PRS, it would be like any other guitar company out there. That's why they have the SE line.

And that rep should be slapped. Reps are supposed to be exciting so you can be excited about their product.

PRS hardly needs reps...their guitars speak for themselves.