Hey
I'm just curious as to what Caparison guitars are good and relativley cheap (a few hundered £
My styles are mainly old school death metal and progressive/symphonic power metal

the site is here if you want to check them out
http://www.caparisonguitarcompany.com/
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!

All Caparison's are good. None are cheap however, I think they're all 1000+.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
define "Cheap" Aka give us a budget.

and the Dellinger pwns
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Those don't look bad but its best to go for a well-known brand. I was gonna go for a Mid-End Jackson but I saw the Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR and just creamed my pants. for the extra $200 it was worth it!

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Well, let's see, Michael Romeo, one of the greatest guitar players in the world has/had one...he makes bank, bro.

Save up your cash.
Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y
Those don't look bad but its best to go for a well-known brand. I was gonna go for a Mid-End Jackson but I saw the Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR and just creamed my pants. for the extra $200 it was worth it!

Caparison is a very well known brand.

Michael Romeo, the guys from KSE (they got the rec from the guys in Soilwork), the guys from Evergrey, Christopher Ammott, and James Murphy all play them, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

There is no such thing as a cheap Caparison.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y

Caparison are well known for being top quality. They were set up by an ex Jackson high employee (totally blanking on the word)

They're the same quality as the highest end Jacksons and probably high than the best Schecters.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by severed-metal
Well, let's see, Michael Romeo, one of the greatest guitar players in the world has/had one...he makes bank, bro.

Save up your cash.
That means absolutely nothing.
Quote by al112987
That means absolutely nothing.

Refer to my earlier post. Both semi-mainstream metal and semi-underground metal guitarists all use them.

severed-metal: Definitely agreeing with you on MJR I'm GASing for his sig model.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^I'm trying to ignore the fail in that post too, but people keep quoting it

Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku
Refer to my earlier post. Both semi-mainstream metal and semi-underground metal guitarists all use them.

severed-metal: Definitely agreeing with you on MJR I'm GASing for his sig model.
That's not what I meant. I know a ton of people use Caparisons. But the fact that a pro guitarist uses them doesn't mean that they're rich nor does it mean that the guitar is expensive.
Quote by al112987
That's not what I meant. I know a ton of people use Caparisons. But the fact that a pro guitarist uses them doesn't mean that they're rich nor does it mean that the guitar is expensive.

It costs $2500 in the US, dude If that's not expensive to you then buy me ten of them

Oh yeah, and Andy La Rocque uses Caparisons too

Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku
It costs $2500 in the US, dude If that's not expensive to you then buy me ten of them

Oh yeah, and Andy La Rocque uses Caparisons too
Oh I know it's expensive, I'm not talking about Caparisons specifically, just the idea "xxxxx uses them, he was famous so he's rich so that makes them expensive" is a little flawed. It makes me think of Gary Moore (more famous than Michael Romeo) having to sell Peter Green's les paul because he was in debt after canceling a few shows.

And you don't need to be rich to buy a $2500 guitar. I know plenty of folks who buy $5000 Gibson les pauls that have no business spending that kind of money on a guitar considering what they make.
Touché Although I think that theory only applied to this situation in this case.

Stupid name.

My budget is probbably between £300-£400
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
Quote by Shinozoku
Touché Although I think that theory only applied to this situation in this case.
no I agree.
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
Yeah keep moving you're looking at double that. Easily.
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 7, 2009,
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
Hey
I'm just curious as to what Caparison guitars are good and relativley cheap (a few hundered £
My styles are mainly old school death metal and progressive/symphonic power metal

the site is here if you want to check them out
http://www.caparisonguitarcompany.com/

Bah you got that from my post in metal gear v2. Now it looks like I took the idea from you. :p
But yeah even used the best price I found was $1200
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Quote by Wretched_Spawn

Look elsewhere, you aint getting a Caparison.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Look elsewhere, you aint getting a Caparison.

This. Go with a Jackson or something else in that price range, or continue saving up for one of the best guitars you'll ever play.

Stupid name.

Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y

okay, you stick to your shecters, and we'll just enjoy bliss without you.

edit: sorry, I had to.
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Jul 7, 2009,
Quote by AngryGoldfish

okay, you stick to your shecters, and we'll just enjoy bliss without you.

Schecters are OK, i liked the C-1 Classic, im planning to buy one
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

I don't think he's denying that they're quality instruments, but for someone to say get a Schecter over a Caparison isn't right.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

don't get me wrong, mate, schecters are good, but ignoring everything else because it's not as popular or well-known as schecters is like ignoring the most beautiful woman in the world just because all the boys haven't already fucked her.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
don't get me wrong, mate, schecters are good, but ignoring everything else because it's not as popular or well-known as schecters is like ignoring the most beautiful woman in the world just because all the boys haven't already fucked her.

ohhh.....:
feel free to add me
Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y

you're aware that the owner of caparison was pretty high up in the jackson guitar company, right?

going back to the original question: not going to happen for a couple of hundred. They're already quite a bit more than that in japan, and then adding on the usual patented UK extortion-grade mark up makes them about 3 times as much as they cost in japan.

they're not worth it in the UK, if you ask me. I mean, they're nice guitars, but they're not close-to-£2500-if-not-£3000 nice. In my opinion.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I found a used Caparison Dellinger for 799. I finally got the money for it and it was sold.

Deals are out there, look for em.

The Dellingers are the only ones I've played, but from all accounts the Horus and TAT models are also really great. I personally loved the Dellinger.
Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y

periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.