The wind rustled though the branches of the old oak tree in the park, shaking loose several orange and red leaves, and carrying them along a little ways before gently setting them down in the grass several feet in front of me. They crumbled as I walked through them. Both of my calloused hands were buried deeply in the big front pocket of my pull over jacket. In the pocket, I cradled a small pistol. Loaded. It felt cold, and unforgiving. I liked the feeling. The powerful, metallic feeling.
Invincible.
I grinned as I walked with purpose onward in through the park. Overhead, a flock of geese flew by, given away only by the sound of their wings. I stopped and watched them in silence, with a small trace of envy.... if only my life were so simplistic. So free of complications.
Painless.
The park reminded me of old times. In my younger days, I spent many carefree afternoons there swimming in the pond, or playing on the tire swing. A car drove past, stirring up leaves, and snapping me back to reality. I continued onward, through a thick section of trees towards my prechosen destination, and towards my inevitable deed. I began to clench the pistol in my right hand, consumed by the feeling of power. As I grew nearer to my destination, I became increasingly aware of how quite the park was. Silent. There was no sound of birds chirping, or children playing.... It’s as if the whole world already knew my purpose, and what it was I planned to do in the park on this chilly October evening. The sun was starting to slowly sink its way down from the sky. Ever closer to the horizon and nightfall.
Darkness.
I looked at my watch. Five o'clock, and as I looked up, I caught sight of the back of the bench. There was a man, in his mid twenties, sitting quite comfortably in the middle of it. He wore a white suit and black tie. Just how I remember seeing him the last time we parted ways. I stopped several feet behind the bench. "Hello." I greeted him, almost lifelessly. "Hello." He responded back, without turning around. "Do you know why I'm here?" I questioned him, still expressionless. "Yes.... I’ve been expecting you." He replied. "Well, enough with small talk and common courtesies then." I said as I drew the cold, gray pistol from my pocket. "I'll see you in hell." I calmly said, as I aimed at the back of his head, steadied my arm, and gently squeezed the trigger. The man slumped forward with the bang, and rolled onto the bed of leaves accumulated in front of the bench.
Silence.
Within moments, the back of his white suit was drenched in richly colored red blood. I stood there momentarily, examining the body as blood continued spurting from the wound. Then, as abruptly as I came, I left. The park, still in silence, save the sound of leaves crunching beneath my feet. I returned the pistol to my front pocket, walked casually to the parking lot, slipped into my beat up black pickup, and drove steadily down the road, right as the sun sunk down below the horizon. Leaving the entire scene in homicidal silence.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
I'll be blunt: Why did the character kill the other guy? There were no clues for any of it. There is not real story here, just an account of a guy walking and shooting someone else.
I made it that way on purpose. you're not meant to know, and there's no suposed to be any clues. There's not meant to be and 'common sense' too it. you make your own kind of sense.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.