hey guys,

i've currently got a song at 120 bpm but i would like to slow it down a bit, to 115.
how can i do this ?

thanks !
in reaper find where your play button and record buttons is (that whole aisle of buttons) go around 2/3's across on the screen on the line with the buttons and youll see BPM. Highlight the number there (120) and make it want you want (115)
Sony ACID makes it very simple.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Quote by MetalBass 77
in reaper find where your play button and record buttons is (that whole aisle of buttons) go around 2/3's across on the screen on the line with the buttons and youll see BPM. Highlight the number there (120) and make it want you want (115)

i tried that but it just changes the grid, not the actual music. the 'rate' on the other hand does change the tempo, but also the pitch
Last edited by The red Strat. at Jul 7, 2009,
120 to 115 isnt a big change you just might not notice. however you could also try going to where you want to change the tempo in the audio grid and press shift+c. it will allow you to change time sig and tempo.
Quote by MetalBass 77
120 to 115 isnt a big change you just might not notice. however you could also try going to where you want to change the tempo in the audio grid and press shift+c. it will allow you to change time sig and tempo.

that doesn't work.
btw, i tried 140 bpm too to make sure it doesn't do anything, and the speed stayed the same.
Quote by GisleAune
I think he is asking how to "strech" the audio to make it slower.

yes, but without changing the pitch. is that possible in Reaper ?
Last edited by The red Strat. at Jul 8, 2009,
Quote by The red Strat.
that doesn't work.
btw, i tried 140 bpm too to make sure it doesn't do anything, and the speed stayed the same.

yes, but without changing the pitch. is that possible in Reaper ?

Unless it's MIDI or reaper has a very powerful time stretcher you'd go better of by retracking the song
You like it
Use the playback rate slider, at the middle of the screen just above the mixer.

Right click it to choose the option "Preserve pitch".
A 5BPM drop might be okay, but I'd use any speed altercations sparingly, since it can have a tendency to sound choppy, and processed.
Quote by Keskimaki
Use the playback rate slider, at the middle of the screen just above the mixer.

Right click it to choose the option "Preserve pitch".

ah, yes this works. thanks !

i found an alternative way too. file -> project settings
project settings tab
timebase for items/... set to beats (position, lenght, rate)
then you can change the bpm number on the main screen to what you would like and it preserves pitch too.

Quote by take_it_t
A 5BPM drop might be okay, but I'd use any speed altercations sparingly, since it can have a tendency to sound choppy, and processed.

yeah, i noticed this.
retracking isn't posible though because i used loops

thanks people !
Last edited by The red Strat. at Jul 8, 2009,