Okay I've read tons of threads but have yet to find simple, concrete and clear instructions to what seams to be a very simple question. So I've decided to make a new thread

I want to make a footswitch for my Roland Cube 30x amp.

I want it to have:

*Two buttons one for effects the other one for channel switching
*Indicator LED's (one for when the effects are ON and the other for when the distortion channel is ON)
* A single cable going out of it ending in a regular 1/4" stereo plug that would go into the amps footswitch input

I want the switches to be set up in such a way that I would only have to step on them once for the channel to switch or the effects to turn on and of, I don't want to have to hold them down or press them multiple times.

If someone could draw a schematic and tell me the type of switches to get it would be way awesome.

Cheers.
Quote by Dizzy-D

I want the switches to be set up in such a way that I would only have to step on them once for the channel to switch or the effects to turn on and of, I don't want to have to hold them down or press them multiple times.

the boss footswitch piss you off too ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
you'll have to fit batteries in the footswitch if you want LEDs i think, because you'd need a scart lead in order for the power for that to come from the amp.
don't know anything else sorry
Quote by mikeyElite
the boss footswitch piss you off too ?

Nah just heard lots of crazy stories about the ****ing thing.
Quote by Dizzy-D
Okay I've read tons of threads but have yet to find simple, concrete and clear instructions to what seams to be a very simple question. So I've decided to make a new thread

I want to make a footswitch for my Roland Cube 30x amp
Okay...

Quote by Dizzy-D
I want it to have:

*Two buttons one for effects the other one for channel switching
Of course.

Quote by Dizzy-D
*Indicator LED's (one for when the effects are ON and the other for when the distortion channel is ON)
Simply NOT gonna happen. The switching for a cube is momentary, not latching. Even if you DID create a circuit internal to the pedal for LEDs, it would be far too easy to get out of sync between the momentary contact enabling or disabling the amp function. Once out of sync, the LED would indicate on when the function was off.

Quote by Dizzy-D
* A single cable going out of it ending in a regular 1/4" stereo plug that would go into the amps footswitch input
of course.

Quote by Dizzy-D
That's how the amp works normally. Nothing special needs to be done to make that happen.

Quote by Dizzy-D
If someone could draw a schematic and tell me the type of switches to get it would be way awesome.

Cheers.
You don't need a schematic. Just a cable, a box and two momentary switches.
one switch shorts the tip connection to the sleeve connection when pressed.
the other switch shorts the ring connection to the sleeve connection when pressed.
done.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.