Hi, I'm sure you get a bunch of these threads on a daily basis, guitar forum. I played Ernie Ball 10 gauge, but i put my guitar in for a setup on the tech guy told me how since Ernie Ball's string making was moved somewhere around Mexico that the quality is no longer as good as it was before =/

So sorry once again if this is done alot, I TRIED THE SEARCH BAR and didn't come up with any positive results for what i was looking for. I also want to knwo your personal experiences with certain brands.

so my preferences would be that i play Lead and Rhythm guitar, i really dig in most of the time when i play, but i also play lightly at times. My influences would be players liek Slash, Hendrix, Pete Townshend, Frampton, Frusciante, Ed Robertson (of the Barenaked Ladies)...people along those lines. I like a warm tone.

I use roundwounds, just to inform.

Sorry if I've been an idiot in any way...I'm mainly a basser. Thanx all, JV (:
Try adding more delay.
Last edited by telecastrmastr at Jul 7, 2009,
Ernie Ball strings are still good for me, I use Regular Slinkies (.10) and I love them. You may want to try D'Addario though.
I like either D'Addario XL or D'Addario nickel wound. Nickel wound will give you a slightly more mellow, vintage tone.
Hi, I'm Peter
Elixir.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Gibson Brite Wires, Worth a little extra. They stretch in fast and keep that new tone well.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Rotosound strings FTW!!!!

RotoYellows(.10) are great and available at gc and on mf

I don't believe that Ernie balls are Mexican made though. I think they are still USA made.
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Quote by spootz
Rotosound strings FTW!!!!

RotoYellows(.10) are great and available at gc and on mf

I don't believe that Ernie balls are Mexican made though. I think they are still USA made.

I didn't catch the full story ( i spaced...grr..) but he said its along the border of Mexico, i believe. He said they did that to cut production costs.
Try adding more delay.
Just buy whatever brand you can find it doesn't really matter that much, I recommend DR, D'addario, Dean Markley, Rotosounds or any other "not too cheap" brand.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
I recommend D'addrio.

Do you use round wounds or flat wounds?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by Gargoyle2500
I recommend D'addrio.

Do you use round wounds or flat wounds?

thats waht i forgot to mention....ya im round wound.
Try adding more delay.