Finally my eBay goodies have arrived with one more thing to arrive tomorrow

The first one:
Ooh very well wrapped!

Bit of box for y'all

Nice It's a Visual Sound Double Trouble. Set me back £90 and I'm really looking forward to plugging it into my new tube amp next month
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Second (A bitter NPD )

A much smaller box this time

Looks like a Dano of some kind..

A Fish an Chips Got this for only £18. I was really looking forward to getting in from work and playing with it ahead of my gig on thursday. So I got home started to twiddle some of the sliders as one does with a new pedal and I noticed the '100' slider was very stiff. So I cracked it open to have a better look.

The battery has leaked corroded the slider and the back plate.

Now, other than being a pain in the arse. Will this thing cause me any problems when I plug it in? Will anything blow up.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

My old school have one of those danelectro fish n chips. Never tried it though! Happy new pedals day!
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
If you bought the Danelectro new, return it. Although based on the box I would guess it's used. It shouldn't harm anything but it might not work right.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
HNPD!!!!

I'd return the Danelectro, and not plug it in....

Hey, btw i see you have a Blackstar pedal. Hows it sound????

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by Rhoads_1096
HNPD

Thanks

Quote by Sguit
HPND, your rig looks nice, what amp do you have?

Unfortunately, I have an MG at the moment I'm just preparing for when I buy a Hayden Mofo in a couple of weeks I bought the stuff 'cos it was at good prices on eBay.

Quote by jc349
HNPD!!!!

I'd return the Danelectro, and not plug it in....

Hey, btw i see you have a Blackstar pedal. Hows it sound????

It's an eBay buy so I can't really. However my mate who's good with this kinda stuff is gunna clean it up for me. As far as I can tell it's not corroded anything that would cause it to explode
The Blackstar is awesome, really nice distortion. Gives the MG a bit of life when it's on as well.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Last edited by SimplyBen at Jul 7, 2009,
those sliders are real cheap if you know how to solder.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Happy NPD.
Been looking at the Fish n Chips myself, just missed out on one of ebay for about £15, was stuck in work...

If you can't return the Fish n Chips, maybe see if you can get a couple of pounds back? Depends on the seller really
Congrats on the new gear,
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by aaronni
Happy NPD.
Been looking at the Fish n Chips myself, just missed out on one of ebay for about £15, was stuck in work...

If you can't return the Fish n Chips, maybe see if you can get a couple of pounds back? Depends on the seller really

It wasn't the guys fault so I'm not too mad with him. Fucking royal mail on the other hand they left my dano out on my doorstep in all the rain and such and didn't tell me about it!!

Just plugged it in for the first time and god damn does it make a difference, even through my MG15 it just makes it much nicer to play. Anyone got any suggestions for how to set the EQ for a nice warm sound?

LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Don't mean to jack the thread, but does the Dano compare to either the ?MXR 10 or 6 band Eqs, or is it just good for the price?
BEEP

<_<

>_>

Beeeeeeeeep
I've not tried the MXR's but I would imagine it's just good for the price. Also, Dano's customer service is brilliant, I e-mailed them and they've replied to me already saying they will straight out replace it for me
Very impressed I must say.

Also just tried out the Double Trouble and it sounds brilliant, I love the two overdrives so I can boost up the gain and such
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band