So im tryin to learn this song, but due to my lack of knowledge in time signatures i have no clue how to get this intro thing down. Does anybody have any technique tips i can use to get this song down?
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
7/8 then 6/8. i think it switches back and forth

7/8 means there r 7 eighth notes in a complete measure

6/8 means there r 6 eighth notes in a complete meausr
Last edited by ampoverload at Jul 7, 2009,
I'd maybe try getting the time down (if it's weird) with just the picking then adding the fretting in. Also, the standard thing to do- slow it right down until you can do it, then practice'll make it perfect.

PS, never heard the song. xD
Yea, i know the signatures, but i dont know what they mean, all i know about it is how the song goes.
how about: do not listen to the time changes, but the actuall riff. It is a very easy pattern which is just repeated on different strings
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by ampoverload
7/8 then 6/8. i think it switches back and forth

7/8 means there r 7 eighth notes in a complete measure

6/8 means there r 6 eighth notes in a complete meausr

that actually helped, now i have a learning pattern, just learn the seperate measures to speed.
Quote by Neo Evil11
how about: do not listen to the time changes, but the actuall riff. It is a very easy pattern which is just repeated on different strings

This.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.