View poll results: Which phone?
Juke
3 8%
Ozone
9 23%
I'm a viking.
27 69%
Voters: 39.
I'm not sure whether I should go for something simple like the Juke or something that I can pretty much do anything with like the Ozone. I've never had a smartphone before (I've always been more of a simple phone guy), but I might like to try it out and see what it's like, but then again, all those features could end up going to waste. It's a $50 difference, which isn't really a big deal since I have over $250 saved up (which isn't very much, but it's not bad considering I don't have a job right now).

So, Pit, if you were me which phone would you choose?
i always thought that jukes were aimed toward children, my sister has one, and it seems like it's got really tiny buttons.
what carrier do you have?
what's your budget?

i usually prefer HTC phones because they have some kickass phones like the touch, G1, magic, and the upcoming hero. seriously, though, they make some awesome phones.

plus, smartphones are only worth it if you have a data plan with texting. other than that, it's really something you'll never use.
Sent from my iPad.
Do either of them make phone calls?
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
I have Verizon. I don't have a texting plan... but I do text. I usually just end up having to pay for it, haha.

And my budget is really just "stay as far under $100 as possible". Both FREE (Juke) and $50 (Ozone) are fine.

And they'd better make phone calls, or I'll be pissed.
Last edited by i_don't_know at Jul 7, 2009,
I think that the best phone to get is one that costs bugger all, makes phone calls, and can send texts.

It's a phone, not an mp3 player, games console, camera or webbrowser.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
I have a juke and I hate it. It is too small. (Not trying to be funny by saying the exact thing that Daytripper is saying)

Also, it breaks easy. I got frosting on my phone (oh god, where is this going??!?!?!) and the click wheel stopped working all together.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Quote by RG5EX1
I have a juke and I hate it. It is too small. (Not trying to be funny by saying the exact thing that Daytripper is saying)

Also, it breaks easy. I got frosting on my phone (oh god, where is this going??!?!?!) and the click wheel stopped working all together.

Yeah the click wheel wasn't very good. Half the time mine would spin perfectly fine and the other half of the time it would stick or barely turn. It was annoying. Plus you can't just buy regular headphones to plug into it. The input jack isn't standard size.
Okay, it looks like the Ozone won.

Is there anything else for under $100 (direct from Verizon with a 2-year plan and online discount) that might be a better choice than the Ozone? I probably won't use the internet features - it just seems that HTC makes very reliable phones, and the Ozone is cheap.
Blackberry Curves are sweet if you're parents will pay the data plan. Otherwise the HTC would be better. A manager has a G1 at my job and it's sweet, although I still like my iPhone more.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Or you can spend $200 on an HTC myTouch (Magic)

That beast is so sex.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
I just spoke to a sales rep - I would be forced to buy a data plan with the Ozone.

It's now between the LG Dare and the enV Touch.
Last edited by i_don't_know at Jul 7, 2009,
Both are terrible. Go with something else.

That samsung is just a recycled British phone that nobody wanted here. We stopped selling that exact model quite literally about 2 years ago. I work in a phone shop and sold my last one at christmas time 2007. Then they all got recalled, I guess to see if America would buy them.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Both are terrible. Go with something else.

That samsung is just a recycled British phone that nobody wanted here. We stopped selling that exact model quite literally about 2 years ago. I work in a phone shop and sold my last one at christmas time 2007. Then they all got recalled, I guess to see if America would buy them.

Yeah I got mine around Christmas 2007. They still sell them here though.
After some further research, I've decided to go with the enV Touch (which is actually the successor to the Voyager).
i just got the htc ozone and i think its great with the windows mobile OS. plays music too.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah