Please could someone suggest a cab for my Blackstar HT-5 head?

I really don't know much about cab's at all but someone suggested this one

I am not sure whether to go for a 212 or 412, it's manly for home practice but I do have a few gigs coming up. (I know HT-5's aren't really loud enough for gigging before anyone says).

I'd like to buy new, as I am not a fan of auction sites or such like and I'd rather not spend too much (below £200). So I can get more gear.

Thanks, in advance.
Fender American Strat
-
Fender Tuner | Dunlop Wah | BD-2 | DS-2 | MXR Distortion III | Phase 90 | Small Clone | Carbon Copy
-
Blackstar HT-5 | Orange PPC 112
It looks alright for the price. You should be fine with a 2x12 unless you need lots of bass response associated with drop tunings and stuff.
Vintage 30s are generally a pretty good choice for anything but jazz imo.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
i would just get the matching cab..i mean its a 5w head not enough to really use a 2x12 cab anyways
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
My HT5 sounds killer with my V30 loaded 4x12. Definitely get a speakers with a high sensitivity rating, like V30's. They help the HT5 cut through better and the amp gets a louder & clearer projection with them.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
i would just get the matching cab..i mean its a 5w head not enough to really use a 2x12 cab anyways

Then if he upgrades to a larger head he has to buy another cab though. Why isn't a 5W head 'enough' to power two 12" speakers? It has the output.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I have an HT5 in the practice room and have run a 4x12 (Avatar with Celestion V30s), a 2x12 (Avatar with Jensens), and a 1x12 (Avatar with V30). It sounds good on all of them, but the 1x12 is more than adequate.

The costs are: 1x12 ($249), 2x12 ($349), 4x12 $449). Well-worth it, best cabinets I've ever owned...I'll never buy another brand.
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw

.....waht?

I use my Ht-5 through a 4x12 and it sounds fantastic. And, as mentioned, if he upgrades heads, he doesnt have to buy a new cab.

Avatars cabinets are great, defs look into them. Thats about as far as my cabinet knowledge goes...

EDIT: What styles of music do you play? That could help narrow down what speakers to look into.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Last edited by DiizZ at Jul 8, 2009,