So 16/08 is the 40th anniversary of the moon landings. Discuss what you think about it, conspiracy theorists, why we havent done much since, what is the future of space exploration/when will we have to move to mars. Are there aliens?

I feel that the 60s were a golden age and i wished i was there. Im not American but its a very proud achievement probably the greatest ever regardless of the purpose of the space race. I also wish i heard the Pink Floyd jam along with the moon landings!

Last edited by LemonTurd at Jul 7, 2009,
one small step for man,
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by LemonTurd
So 16/08 is the 50th anniversary of the moon landings. Discuss what you think about it, conspiracy theorists, what is the future of space exploration/when will we have to move to mars. Are there aliens?

I feel that the 60s were a golden age

I think it was the greatest achievement that humankind has ever fucked up. We put some guys on the moon and all of the sudden can't figure out how we did it? We need more funding for space programs.

Conspiracy theorists are stupid. There's an observatory in Nevada that flashes lasers at a reflector plate we left there. The beam comes back.

It needs to be more than what it is. We need to get back on the moon now and we need a plan to get to Mars.

Not until hundreds of years from now.

It's statistically laughable to say there aren't.

And no. Just...no.
Quote by Versailles_X
They never happened. We didnt had the teachnology to send anything into space, let alone a person.

In the 1% chance that the landings were real, this is probably something the goverment needs to explain. Right ****ing now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWkGTJEK0Mc

You're a fucking idiot, to put it plainly.
Quote by Dirge Humani

You're a fucking idiot, to put it plainly.

yah that about sums it up...

because you know, the US decided they had to pretend they landed on the moon because if they didn't go into space the communists would take over and then how could they do Manifest destiny?
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
it was real.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
yah that about sums it up...

because you know, the US decided they had to pretend they landed on the moon because if they didn't go into space the communists would take over and then how could they do Manifest destiny?

And obviously those building are real, because everyone knows that film technology in the 60's was completely primitive.

And the Russians totally would've kept it secret that the U.S. fucked everything up. Totally.
Quote by archangels666
I think it was the greatest achievement that humankind has ever fucked up. We put some guys on the moon and all of the sudden can't figure out how we did it? We need more funding for space programs.

Conspiracy theorists are stupid. There's an observatory in Nevada that flashes lasers at a reflector plate we left there. The beam comes back.

It needs to be more than what it is. We need to get back on the moon now and we need a plan to get to Mars.

Not until hundreds of years from now.

It's statistically laughable to say there aren't.

And no. Just...no.

+1

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Quote by archangels666
And obviously those building are real, because everyone knows that film technology in the 60's was completely primitive.

And the Russians totally would've kept it secret that the U.S. fucked everything up. Totally.

indeed.
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

Viscara (my band)
Quote by Versailles_X
They never happened. We didnt had the teachnology to send anything into space, let alone a person.

In the 1% chance that the landings were real, this is probably something the goverment needs to explain. Right ****ing now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWkGTJEK0Mc

if the Russians launched Sputnik in 1957, and then we launched our first satellite in 1958...how could we not have sent anything into space?

all these conspiracy theories have been debunked by solid information, stop being an idiot.

that being said, i find space fascinating and hope to see the day where we could inhabit another planet. it's a daunting task and very science fiction-esque...but we've come a long way and who's to say we won't go further.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Well if the US faked it, we did a damn good job of it. Real or not, it kept the Commies at bay right? X)
I think the space program is one of the greatest injustices in American history. We put men on the moon using 60s technology, and 40 years later we have done NOTHING since except dick around in Earth orbit. Almost half a century of exponential leaps in technology and we can't even replicate an accomplishment from the 60s.

No, we'd rather bomb brown people and wave our dicks at each other instead of doing something meaningful.
Quote by Not a Les Paul
I think the space program is one of the greatest injustices in American history. We put men on the moon using 60s technology, and 40 years later we have done NOTHING since except dick around in Earth orbit. Almost half a century of exponential leaps in technology and we can't even replicate an accomplishment from the 60s.

No, we'd rather bomb brown people and wave our dicks at each other instead of doing something meaningful.

I don't know why but i laughed my ass off.

besides, i'm still waiting for manifest destiny... you guys are a superpower. now take over canada so i can move somewhere with good weather :P
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

Viscara (my band)
Quote by Not a Les Paul

you're kidding me right?

so the Mars rover, the Hubble telescope, the multiple mission to the moon including 6 more landings, all of the information and images on galaxy's and planets which we've never seen before, information on what the predicted shape of the universe might be...none of that means anything?

please tell me you're joking. we've come a very long way since the 60's...just because you expect us to invent interplanetary transportation in 40 years and haven't done it yet doesn't mean we've been dicking around.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Jul 7, 2009,
Quote by Not a Les Paul

I agree
Quote by Not a Les Paul

Just because you're uninformed doesn't mean that no progress has been made. Like waterboy mentionned, so much progress has been made. I'd like to add Cassini(sp?), that's is still in Saturn's orbit as we speak. The thing is that nowadays, with the technology we have, space exploration doesn't necessarly mean sending a man into space.

If you inform youself you'll learn that there's actually quite a lot that you do not know about. Moon landing had a bigger impact because it was the first time a man stepped on another "object" in space. At the time, everyone thought it was impossible with the technology we had, but in '69 it happened.

I encourage you to read about Cassini. There's research going on around Saturn and two of it's moons, Titan and Enceladus. Enceladus especially shows signs of having liquid water. It also has a "periodic" atmosphere, due to it's egg-shaped orbit.

And uh on-topic, I personnally think that Nasa should spend the money trying to upgrade the technologies so that Mars landing can become possible eventually. That's just my two cents.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by Spike6sic6
Just because you're uninformed doesn't mean that no progress has been made. Like waterboy mentionned, so much progress has been made. I'd like to add Cassini(sp?), that's is still in Saturn's orbit as we speak. The thing is that nowadays, with the technology we have, space exploration doesn't necessarly mean sending a man into space.

If you inform youself you'll learn that there's actually quite a lot that you do not know about. Moon landing had a bigger impact because it was the first time a man stepped on another "object" in space. At the time, everyone thought it was impossible with the technology we had, but in '69 it happened.

I encourage you to read about Cassini. There's research going on around Saturn and two of it's moons, Titan and Enceladus. Enceladus especially shows signs of having liquid water. It also has a "periodic" atmosphere, due to it's egg-shaped orbit.

And uh on-topic, I personnally think that Nasa should spend the money trying to upgrade the technologies so that Mars landing can become possible eventually. That's just my two cents.

I know full well about Cassini/Huygens, the Mars rovers, and NASA's godlike ability to keep Hubble running. But, none of that has resulted in human boots anywhere else in the solar system. It hasn't done anything to get our asses off this planet and out in space where we belong. We were better prepared for an asteroid impact or something in July 1969 than we are now, because at least a couple people wouldn't have been exterminated outright. Instead of continuing out into the solar system like we bloody well should have, we've regressed to sending probes and building pointless structures in orbit as an excuse to pump money into the aerospace industry. Hell, the ISS was built just to give the Shuttle, not capable of actually going anywhere else, someplace to fly to.

And now, they're saying it's gonna take them a decade just to figure out how to do something all over again that we already did 40 years ago.