I just bought my Epiphone SG Special for $100 Cad. I know I'm going to get **** from you guys, but I like the guitar and I think it plays great.

And is it possible to remove the tone and volume knobs from the guitar? I'm pretty sure mine are backwards since when I turn the volume knob it doesn't turn up the volume, but when I turn my tone knob it does tun up the volume.( Tone knob is on the volume pot, and Volume knob is on the Tone Pot)

Quote by consecutive e
Let me be the first to say.

Pics or gtfo.

Quote by CaptDin
Guitar Center - because someone has to trick people into buying Line 6 amps.

[img]http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=77198&stc=1[/img]
Eh. Not a fan of Epiphone stuff, especially their lower end stuff, but at least it looks ok.

Good job on not going for the overused Red finish + black pickguard
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
just pop the knobs off and change them voila!

i kinda like it... its screaming to be modded and repainted
HNGD how do you like btw is this your first or second guitar?
My Gear
03' MIM SunBurst Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard With Lace Alumitones
Epiphone PeeWee Les Paul
Starcaster By Fender
B-52 AT-112
Amplitube: Metal, Jimi Hendrix, Fender
Boss DS-1

Fav Bands: RHCP, Led Zep, ACDC, BLS, Slipknot
Quote by a500n54
HNGD how do you like btw is this your first or second guitar?

First ever electric, so in my mind it's GREAT

just pop the knobs off and change them voila!

i kinda like it... its screaming to be modded and repainted

So I just pull them off? Or do I have to open up the back and access the pots.
Quote by consecutive e

Pics or gtfo.

Quote by CaptDin

[img]http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=77198&stc=1[/img]
Last edited by AcousticArc at Jul 7, 2009,
there should be a nut holding the pot onto the top of the guitar, just loosen that and switch them. you'll have to open the back, but just be careful not to wrap the wires around eachother inside or anything (you don't want to disconnect anything) and if i were you i'd switch those knobs for speed knobs!

i do love speed knobs

anyway nice starter guitar! enjoy dude
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
there should be a nut holding the pot onto the top of the guitar, just loosen that and switch them. you'll have to open the back, but just be careful not to wrap the wires around eachother inside or anything (you don't want to disconnect anything) and if i were you i'd switch those knobs for speed knobs!

i do love speed knobs

anyway nice starter guitar! enjoy dude

The knob is covering the little nut.

And thanks
Quote by consecutive e

Pics or gtfo.

Quote by CaptDin

just use a screwdriver or a knife to pull the off... it sounds scary as it is you new guitar but knobs are not glued or anything... just pop em' out

EDIT: ooohhhh i read it as if you wanted to switch the KNOBS not POTS... for the pots you do have to mess around the back... just be careful with the soldering points
Last edited by just17n8 at Jul 7, 2009,
Quote by just17n8
just use a screwdriver or a knife to pull the off... it sounds scary as it is you new guitar but knobs are not glued or anything... just pop em' out

EDIT: ooohhhh i read it as if you wanted to switch the KNOBS not POTS... for the pots you do have to mess around the back... just be careful with the soldering points

No I actually want to switch the knobs around, I will try to pull them off carefully.

Is it possible for me to add in another volume and tone knobs, So I have a separate one for each pick-up?
Quote by consecutive e

Pics or gtfo.

Quote by CaptDin

yes it is possible... and no you wont be able to... something like that will cost more than your guitar itself... so live it alone and start messing with it and having fun...

ive never had a guitar 2 volumes and 2 tone knobs btw... its all the same to me... the only true use i see in it is to use it like a kill switch...
yeah sorry lol forgot the first part. pop the knob off. they're pretty solid, but no glued or anything, so a good careful pull and they should be off. then just loosen the nut and you're good!
Quote by AcousticArc
No I actually want to switch the knobs around, I will try to pull them off carefully.

Is it possible for me to add in another volume and tone knobs, So I have a separate one for each pick-up?

You'll need to solder them in and drill new holes for them AND maybe rout out the back even more, which would require a new plate to cover it. It's most likely not worth the effort, honestly. But yes, it is possible.
Quote by CarpUK
Beat the recession by soldering your strings back together! What's more, the extra metal vibrating back and forth will add to your tone... and what could be more metal than more metal!?!

Quote by biga29
Plz uz reel wurdz bcoz wen u tipe lik this its hard 2 red.
if you want separate controls for each but don't want to drill any new holes you could look into getting some concentric pots.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
HNGD! mod it mod it
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by mikeyElite
if you want separate controls for each but don't want to drill any new holes you could look into getting some concentric pots.

They're also known as stacked pots right? How do they work?

nice guitar...........how do u like the neck?

It's not a big switch from my Washburn acoustic actually.
Quote by consecutive e

Pics or gtfo.

Quote by CaptDin

Quote by AcousticArc
They're also known as stacked pots right? How do they work?

here's a good picture of some concentric pots with knobs attached to them.

basically 2 pots in the space you'd need for one. turn the top knob it controls the first set of lugs, turn the bottom knob it controls the second set.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.