I am out of here. I've wasted just a bit too much of my time on the forums here, and lately the atmosphere hasn't been great and the topics just aren't of my interest. There are many more productive things I could have been doing with my time for the last year. Why do we waste time stating our opinions to mass groups of people we don't even know and are likely to never meet? All it does is destroy the nature of human conversation in real life. I know there are tons of shy kids in person who come on here and come out of their shell. More important than this is to come out of your shell in person, and develop real relationships with people in your life. Now I'm sure that some good relationships between UGer's have come out of the forums and there are tons of jokes and laughs that I found hilarious, but I think I'm just maturing and realizing that I need to spend more time with the people in my life, improving myself as a person, and setting goals for the future.

Yes, "Blog it", I know, but I might as well try to motivate at least some others to get off the computer and get on with their lives.
ive never seen you before
everything purple tastes like grape
everything blue tastes like blueberry
everything pink tastes like watermelon
everything red tastes like strawberry
everything orange tastes like orange
everything yellow tastes like lemon
You know to be honest as soon as finally get shipped out for National Guard boot camp I'm probably going to put a halt to my daily rompings here too.

But have a nice life.
Quote by porker
I might as well try to motivate at least some others to get off the computer and get on with their lives.
You make me sick.

>_>
I, unlike you, am not somehow obsessed and consumed by this forum.

It's something to do when I have nothing else going on.

I'm getting on with my life just fine. I'm about to get a new job, starting my 2nd year of college, and I'm making some great friends there. But I'll be a pit monkey while I'm doing it.

Peace out, but with that attitude of arrogance and condescension, we won't miss you.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Jul 7, 2009,
I don't think, and I hope, that nobody actually accepts UG as their alternative or equivalent to a social life.

Cool story bro.
The playground of the world
Funny how I have a life and i just do this in my spare time
Don't stereotype me
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
if you really lost THAT much time to this place...then well.....thats just sad
"Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true, and beautiful"
Quote by 23dannybhoy23

But you'll be back. NO ONE CAN EVER LEAVE.

And that is why, it is called, THE PIT!
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
Wow, nice to know that you think that we all don't have lives. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

(And you wonder why nobody knows you)
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
You have opened my eyes, TS. I was completely unaware of the nature of a forum.

I use the pit to mingle with like-minded people, who I can't so much find in my 'real' life. Who are you to generalise like that, and better yet,
Quote by Dirge Humani
Who are you?

That.
You've been here since 06 but have 12 posts? Now you're announcing the cessation of your lurking? Bye!
who the hell are you?

there's something really wrong with all the people on here who actually have the pit start to take away the rest of their lives. especially the ones who ASK to be banned. is it so hard to click the "logout" button?
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 7, 2009,
kthxbai

seriosly GTFO, I have a life, i just do this when im really bored, thye pit is only visited in between musician talk, slide guitar threads, Blues and jazz forum and bandleading forum...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by porker
I am out of here. I've wasted just a bit too much of my time on the forums here, and lately the atmosphere hasn't been great and the topics just aren't of my interest. There are many more productive things I could have been doing with my time for the last year. Why do we waste time stating our opinions to mass groups of people we don't even know and are likely to never meet? All it does is destroy the nature of human conversation in real life. I know there are tons of shy kids in person who come on here and come out of their shell. More important than this is to come out of your shell in person, and develop real relationships with people in your life. Now I'm sure that some good relationships between UGer's have come out of the forums and there are tons of jokes and laughs that I found hilarious, but I think I'm just maturing and realizing that I need to spend more time with the people in my life, improving myself as a person, and setting goals for the future.

Yes, "Blog it", I know, but I might as well try to motivate at least some others to get off the computer and get on with their lives.
You do what you think is best for you, I'll do what I think is best for me.

My life + computer is working just fine, thank you.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I, unlike you, am not somehow obsessed and consumed by this forum.

It's something to do when I have nothing else going on.

I'm getting on with my life just fine. I'm about to get a new job, starting my 2nd year of college, and I'm making some great friends there. But I'll be a pit monkey while I'm doing it.

Peace out, but with that attitude of arrogance and condescension, we won't miss you.

I am in the exact same boat. I have a life outside of UG I just go on here when there's nothing better to do... and yeah when you act all patronizing and cheesy like that, we will not miss you.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?
in addition to all of that, you also win the thread.

Quote by metallica724
>:O littlejoy isnt a creep hes full of win unlike you
Quote by porker
. Why do we waste time stating our opinions to mass groups of people we don't even know and are likely to never meet? All it does is destroy the nature of human conversation in real life.

Gotta disagree here. Forums help us form opinions and also works as an information conduit - that is to say I learn a lot about what's going on in the world around me. In doing so I'll actually be ready to hold a stronger conversation with people about current affairs since I'll be able to establish my own opinion from what I've learnt here, rather than making an arse of myself like a fish on land.
The Pit is somewhere I go when I'm bored, not something that won't let me leave. And the "YOU CAN'T LEAVE THE PIT" jokes haven't ever been funny, just saying.

ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by porker
Why do we waste time stating our opinions to mass groups of people we don't even know and are likely to never meet? All it does is destroy the nature of human conversation in real life. I know there are tons of shy kids in person who come on here and come out of their shell. More important than this is to come out of your shell in person, and develop real relationships with people in your life.

Absolutely, completely, and patently false.

1) How in the world is it a waste of time to talk to people? It's good to have debates with new people. You get exposure to new ideas, you get to refine your own.
2) How in the world is it a bad thing to "come out of your shell" on here if you can't do it IRL?

I feel for you if the Pit ate your soul, but it doesn't happen to everyone. Good luck being productive.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

The Pit is somewhere I go when I'm bored, not something that won't let me leave. And the "YOU CAN'T LEAVE THE PIT" jokes haven't ever been funny, just saying.
QUOTE]
Killjoy Achievment Unlocked! -1000 GamerScore
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
Quote by porker

You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave!
Quote by Jenneh.
See you in a week.

GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society