View poll results: which is the best
gibson les paul
6 55%
gibson sg
3 27%
gibson explorer
2 18%
Voters: 11.
There is no "best" Gibson. In fact, absolutely no matter what try it out before you buy. I had to look through a bunch for my Les Paul. Gibson QC sucks.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Well, that depends on what style of guitar you like, what kind of music you play, etc.

Like say you play classic rock. You would want to look into a Les Paul or an SG.

Or if you play more metal-ish style of music. You would want to look into a Flying V.
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
Gibson's quality has been steadily decreasing and they are overpriced guitars. I'd look into other brands like Godin or something. And if you're focused on a Gibson, go to a store that sells them and try out a bunch. It all comes down to personal preference.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
its all about the squier! woooooo go 100 dollar squier!
still a nub

rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon(bronze and salmon)
Roland cube 15x

my guitar turns to different colors in the light =)
Quote by Minderbinder
Gibson's quality has been steadily decreasing and they are overpriced guitars. I'd look into other brands like Godin or something. And if you're focused on a Gibson, go to a store that sells them and try out a bunch. It all comes down to personal preference.

Agreed.

And another thing, just because guitar hero and AC/DC made gibson famous, by no means is gibson THE BEST. Its all about personal preference as said above. There are TONS of other brands that come close to or above gibsons quality IMO.
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
The "best" Gibson is an old one pre-1999. Model doesn't matter, it depends on what fools good to you.

Also, I smell a troll. A smelly troll.

EDIT: In modern production, ESPs are of superior consistent quality than Gibson.
Quote by Rockerdude22
Agreed.

And another thing, just because guitar hero and AC/DC made gibson famous, by no means is gibson THE BEST. Its all about personal preference as said above. There are TONS of other brands that come close to or above gibsons quality IMO.

Guitar Hero was around in the 60's and 70's? I was unaware of this.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Jul 7, 2009,
Wrong forum.

*reported*
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

this is a Personal preference question...and my personal preference is Les Paul.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk