Stupid me ordered a half stack and forgot a speaker cable. So can you recommend me one?

I'd like to try and keep it kind of on the shorter side and not to expensive, my budget is from $15-$30 maybe ill stretch to $35 or so if it's something thats nice.

Thanks
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Last edited by I am wet at Jul 7, 2009,
i would recommend these, mainly because i have had 2 (3 foot)and used both of them for about 2 years or so and never had a problem with either, work good as new.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Is this a serious thread? Just go to a music store and buy a speaker cable within your budget...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Is this a serious thread? Just go to a music store and buy a speaker cable within your budget...

I know it sounds rediculous but i was down at a Guitar shop over the weekend and forgot to get one and now it'll be weeks-months before i go again.
Lets jump in a pool

I hear alot of good things about Monster cables. But my guess is that 50% of their price is for their name. I would say just find a cable for around 20$ for 20ft. Horizon makes some good cables.
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by Rockerdude22
I hear alot of good things about Monster cables. But my guess is that 50% of their price is for their name. I would say just find a cable for around 20$ for 20ft. Horizon makes some good cables.

He doesn't need 20ft. to connect a cab to an amp. For now he could probably get away with using a long patch cable or an old guitar cable.
Quote by Rockerdude22

You don't need a 20ft cable to hook up a half stack. A three foot one would be fine. Also go for the thickest speaker cable you can find.

Edit: Beat to it again
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
^Nooooo, that's an absolutely terrible idea. Only use a speaker cable to connect the head to the cab, ONLY A SPEAKER CABLE.

I'd suggest buying a couple of jacks, go to lowes and get 2 ft of 16 awg speaker wire and solder the jacks on.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
^Nooooo, that's an absolutely terrible idea. Only use a speaker cable to connect the head to the cab, ONLY A SPEAKER CABLE.

I'd suggest buying a couple of jacks, go to lowes and get 2 ft of 16 awg speaker wire and solder the jacks on.

I've used a guitar cable to make a 1/4" to Speakon cable, and it's been working great on my floor monitor for a long time now.

edit-nevermind, dont take my advice.
Last edited by pdawson at Jul 7, 2009,
i just get the cheapest ones, i think the brand is platinum pro or something like that lol, work fine
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
1. you dont want the cheapest you can find. you want the shortest for your need. and the best you can get with your budget.

2. also, like said, please don't use an instrument cable.
i see the fella that suggested it edited his post. but really, you dont want to risk ruining your amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
planet waves makes good speaker cables
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by jj1565
1. you dont want the cheapest you can find. you want the shortest for your need. and the best you can get with your budget.

2. also, like said, please don't use an instrument cable.
i see the fella that suggested it edited his post. but really, you dont want to risk ruining your amp.

Haha don't worry, I took a music tech class all school year where we learned how to set up and tear down stage setups, learned to record using pro tools, and learned how alot of stuff works.
Lets jump in a pool