Page 1 of 9
Personally I think Eluveitie
Quote by MattAnderson111
Why Advertise in the pit?

This is for people with talent in this stuff, and the programs necessary, do we really want "Pit People" in here?
iwrestledabearonce, arsonists get all the girls. eh i dont like metal. but i saw iwrestled yesterday so i thought id put in my two cents
idk maybe apocalyptica just because they play metal on cellos.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Eluveitie is definitely one, Tyr is another. nobody sounds close to either one of them
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Dillinger Escape Plan, although I don't know if all you genre-technical people consider it metal.....
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
Gorod
Augury
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Sleep Terror

ther's some off the top of my head.

lol @ eluveite. they sound like In Flames with some folk instruments. not that unique.
Quote by ArronS
iwrestledabearonce, arsonists get all the girls. eh i dont like metal. but i saw iwrestled yesterday so i thought id put in my two cents

what is this, the hardcore forum?
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Actually yes, Augury would fit under unique as well. I got another one.
Atheist
I drink your milkshake.
Quote by TrabenBassist22
idk maybe apocalyptica just because they play metal on cellos.

They are pretty epic

Atheist and Cynic. No other band like them. Too bad they didnt release more albums
Atheist, Psyopus ( sure some of there stuff doesnt sound good, but hey I like it), Control Denied ( its not that often when death metal has power metal vocals), Tyr, Alestorm, and alot of other Less known bands.....
Warbringer
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Cynic, Benighted, Children of Bodom, The Faceless. All of them have very distinct sounds.
EDIT: Scarve too.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Last edited by YourDad at Jul 7, 2009,
Scald
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Gorguts: nothing is like "Clouded" ...well nothing nearly as good as that song at least...
Ibanez RG 550 (1989, MIJ)
--Peavey 5150--
Custom DIY 2x12
Peavey Bandit II
Ibanez AD 220 Analog Rack Delay
MXR Flanger (not the reissue)
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss NS-2
Dunlop 95q Wah (broken)
Heavily Modded Strat
Fleurety and Devil Doll deserve endless mentions.

The Meads of Asphodel are a great example of writing completely original material with fairly standard means.

and for good measure:

Urfaust
The Axis of Perdition
Negura Bunget
Traumatic Voyage
Spektr
Monolithe

Esoteric - even though fit into a niche subgenre, there's nothing out there that quite reaches the scope of their work.

Temnozor' - ever-changing, very multifaceted band with a unique approach to pagan/folk metal

edit: to VG [post below]

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Last edited by Emenius Sleepus at Jul 8, 2009,
Anubi hands down. No contest.
Esoteric is up there though.

Emenius your list is great.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Jul 7, 2009,
Nortt
Mutiilation
Funeral Mourning
Thy Light
Austere
Vesperian Sorrow
Crimson Moon
Drowning The Light
Abyssmal Sorrow

Despite the fact they are all black metal, all these bands seem to shine through with their unique qualities. I cant recommend these bands any more they are ****ing great, I could go on and on
Just about every band that I've discovered through VampireGoldfish belongs on a list of the most unique metal bands. Also, Diablo Swing Orchestra.

EDIT: ^ I wouldn't go so far as to say that SYL is one of the most unique. They are unique, no doubt about that, but not the most unique.
Quote by firesprite
As I said, off the top of my head and I'm sure there are better examples but I'd say for sure they're more unique than Eluveitie! Don't get me wrong, Eluveitie are cool, but not overly unique imo.

This is true.
Flametal, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Strapping Young Lad, Orphaned Land, Green Carnation, Communic, and Ajattara all have extremely unique sounds and styles.
^ Are you retarded? Theyre as bland as they come.

Im not one for experimentation, but Id have to say either Macabre, In The Woods, or Ulver.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by ooSHOCKoo
protest the hero. i dont know one other band that sounds like them

If they are considered metal, I love them but they are deemed as "progressive mathcore" also edge of sanity, epic songs.
Can't stop the spirits when they need you This life is more than just a read thru
Probably Theory in Practice or The Axis of Perdition.

Most bands trying to be "unique" just end up as wank or fail horribly when trying to create an atmosphere. But the two I mentioned above pull it off quite well.