I am looking to buy a new guitar. I want to buy a guitar that has a great sound and is affordable. So I looked at a couple of guitars and was looking at buying either a Gibson Melody Maker or an Ibanez ART100. Which of the two is better? Are there any other guitars that you would recommend?
I would get Gibson, i mean from experience their stuff has always been better quality and sounding.
what style of music are you planning on playing, also what do you have for an amp now.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
^this
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Well I plan on play rock, punk rock, and some metal and I am going to get a Line 6 Spider III 15 amp.
Out of those get ther art100. Also don't get the spider III the modeling on it is terrible. I reccomend the roland microcube it's a great versitale practice amp. Other people will also reccomend the peavey vyper but i'm yet to try one so I don't know if there any good.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Spend more on the amp, less on the guitar. The spider is really awful. A used cube 30 would be much better for the same budget.
Of those two guitars, the gibson has a better tone, but is more limited tonally. I don't think it would do metal properly.
I'd get the Ibanez with a Peavey Vypyr 15.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Uhhh. I played the Ibanez.. its not that great.. in my opinion at least.

I mean, the fact it has a better sister guitar is mindblowing (the ART300)

I dunno. for rock, buy it.. but it sounds AWFUL for metal.

Also, for an amp Idea, try an Ibanex toneblaster, or any vox priced 200+
I just checked out the ART300 and decided on buying that one. Still not sure which amp.