Page 1 of 2
Any advice for what to do when I'm bored at home and how to cope with the post-op pain? Besides the obvious pit responses, of course.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Don't swallow blood.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I'll be getting mine out in a month, I don't really know what to expect but good luck, dude.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
go rent some good movies/video games and prepare to be extremely lazy. It sucks. Specially not being able to eat anything.
Other than that it's great haha
Homemade Strat
ESP EC1000
ESP MH 400 w/ Original Floyd Rose
Epi Les Paul Custom
Line6 Flextone
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Furman Power Cond.
DOD rack EQ
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Boss FL2 Flanger
Line6 Tremelo
Line6 Echo Park
Quote by Freddedonna
Why is there a new wisdom teeth thread every day???

I actually do not recall seeing the others. But you know, I could be wrong.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
don't eat burritos within 3 hours after surgery. it hurts like a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooooootch
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by Freddedonna

I'm fairly certain this is the first one I've ever noticed.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
all i did was sit around and play guitar.. and tried my hardest not to look at food or think about food, cos it seriously sucks knowing you can't eat the good **** for a while.

i dont remember any pain afterwoulds.. hmmm.. are you getting yours pulled out while you're awake?
Quote by Will Swanson
Pull your scrotum out, and smear it over your walls.

Vast turbulence of meteors and galactic dust..
Parallel undefined measurements..
Time has new form, life has new form..
Come on....it only hurts for a few hours
Equipment

Piece of shit Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr 15

GAS
Vintage V100
Orange Micro Crush
Vox wah pedal
Epiphone Valve Jr
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
Any advice for what to do when I'm bored at home and how to cope with the post-op pain? Besides the obvious pit responses, of course.
In some case it's not that bad. In mine it was massive. They had to cut one of mine into quarters to get it out. Once the local wore off, the pain was impossible to sleep through. They gave me tylenol3, that's like a joke. I took 3 times the dosage they recommended and it didn't even take the edge off. Went back and insisted on serious drugs. Got demerol. Slept a foot off the mattress.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Custard... it's good. I had codeine for my painkillers... I had to take one every 12 hours, but they only lasted 11. Also, if you decide you probably don't need pain killers anymore, you're wrong, and it hurts like shit if you don't take them.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
I had 3 taken out a few years ago, apple sauce/pudding is a staple. There wasn't much pain, I didn't have to use the painkillers they gave me... just don't eat chips and tear the soft spots open. It wasn't bad at all though.
Quote by FlyingPirahna
Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, Marijuana, Ecstasy and Alcohol.

C-C-C-C-C-Cocaine!!!!!111
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Just lie around and be lazy and watch movies and stuff. No solid food, just relax. And don't fap. I tried when I got mine out and couldn't finish, maybe because of the painkillers or something, and my dick ended up really swollen and painful for a few days after I finally gave up.
kill all humans
Are you getting put under while it's going on? or are you gonna be awake?
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
In some case it's not that bad. In mine it was massive. They had to cut one of mine into quarters to get it out. Once the local wore off, the pain was impossible to sleep through. They gave me tylenol3, that's like a joke. I took 3 times the dosage they recommended and it didn't even take the edge off. Went back and insisted on serious drugs. Got demerol. Slept a foot off the mattress.

They had to do the same thing for mine. They gave me vicodin, but unfortunately when you're actually using it as a painkiller, it just puts you to sleep...
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by Angus_Junior35
Are you getting put under while it's going on? or are you gonna be awake?

I'm getting put under, so the operation will be fine, but what I'm worried about is post-op, because my brother had a hard time with the pain when he got his out.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
I got mine out this morning.

Use the pain killers as often as you can, and ice DEFINITELY helps. Also, try making milk shakes with protein powder mixed in, and drinking chicken broth. It's much more filling than eating apple sauce and Jell-O.

Mine were very mild though, so you might have it worse than I do right now. But so far today it hasn't been too bad.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Try not being a bitch.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Don't swallow blood.

well duh
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
drink alot of Coke Cola.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Don't drink anything fizzy. - It'll **** with the stitches.
Don't suck through straws. - The suction will mess upw the stitches.
Don't have anything like chips or cheezits that could break up into sharp little triangles and cut the wound.
Have a lot of milkshakes.
Sleep a lot.
Don't open your mouth too wide.
Don't eat anything big.

Those were the tips I got, and I got mine out last week today.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
To anyone who has not gotten them out. It is not fun. You get tons of pain killers, numb for hours, cant eat for 36 hours, and you have to lay down for 11 hours. And all of it sucks.
--Blink-182 is back--
R.I.P. James "The Rev" Sullivan
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)

hell yeah, enjoy the meds they give you.

dont plan on eating.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by batman187
Smoke a lot after or else you'll get a dry socket.
lol, no. smoking can cause a dry socket.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by skaterskagg1
I get mine out in a week.

As do I (6 days actually). It's going to be fun. I love waking up from a general anaesthetic. It makes you feel so comfortable.

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

I'm getting my bottom two quartered The top two are just getting halved as per usual.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Last edited by breadstick at Jul 8, 2009,
Quote by Freddedonna

If there is I have missed it every day I come on here.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

i got mine out last week, and it went really well, i woke up with pain but after my daily cocktail of drugs the pain faded away for the rest of the day

some nice recommendations: eat ice cream, LOTS of it.... dont eat chips or anything hard, dont drink listerine or anything with alcohol or else the pain will be so big you will die, and grab some ice packs or cold packs whatever is cold and put it on your cheeks like twice or thrice a day and you'll be fine

for me, the most painful part of the op was actually three syringes they put me on my buttcheeks..... i couldnt sit for two days....
There is a very thin line between an artist... and a serial killer
Page 1 of 2