If you are interested in one, I'm not sure how legal it is, but you could do what they did on this movie and get cheap broadcasting equipment and make your own obscure ungderground station.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
get a license from the FCC and buy some broadcasting equipment and it's smooth sailing from there, if your area has a public access channel try making a T.V. show like wayne's world instead.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Followed by being raped in a federal prison for making an unlicensed radio station
I am Jesus...Lord of Chinese Food!
Quote by a_man800
Followed by being raped in a federal prison for making an unlicensed radio station

Federal prisons aren't near as bad as state prisons.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Start with an internet radio station, there are services that help you with the space and software, then you just need a mic etc and you stream it. Start with a small show, like 2 hours once a week or whatever, spread the word. And then work from there. There's a lot of stuff on google about this.

Alternatively, hit up university/school/community/small radio stations and ask for a little show on there, that's another way to go about it! You probably don't want to go straight to starting a full on station just yet, one show at a time.
Quote by ChrisBG
Start with an internet radio station, there are services that help you with the space and software, then you just need a mic etc and you stream it. Start with a small show, like 2 hours once a week or whatever, spread the word. And then work from there. There's a lot of stuff on google about this.

Alternatively, hit up university/school/community/small radio stations and ask for a little show on there, that's another way to go about it! You probably don't want to go straight to starting a full on station just yet, one show at a time.

Any particular online services you reccomend? It would be a music streaming station also.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Besides all the FCC licensing, you have to worry about paying royalties for the music (assuming that you don't just talk the whole time or something.) which can be a big mess.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
If you want to play mainstream/signed/published/etc music then yeah you have to sort out the licensing. I'm pretty sure there'd be services out there that actually include that in part of the package. But yeah - playing unknown bands and artists would be more fun...

As for which service, I'm not sure, you can do it all on your own but it's a bit more of a mission so I guess just go around and have a look what the different ones are. I'm also keen to do a similar thing but I haven't looked around yet.
Quote by JackWhite333
Any particular online services you reccomend? It would be a music streaming station also.

I'm actually in the same boat as you. Me and my music business administrator are going to start up a school internet radio. I found Live365.com and it seems like a pretty good program. Royalty fees are included in the subscription cost so that's nice.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...