Well my band has a show coming up.
We have a good 10 songs written but I've decided it would be best to sprinkle in some covers but I need some advice on the covers, we're a alternative punk band if that helps.

Setlist so far

Evidently I'm too late-Up beat song
Where are you tonight-generic love song
COVER
Game over-Teen Angst sounding song
Streetlight Endevor-slow song
Cover
Magic 8-kind of funk sounding song
Cover
Untitled-another up beat song

I'd really like some suggestions for covers, and when we should play them. Oh and please don't suggest Dammit by blink, because one of the Ska bands playing with us plays that one.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
COver 1 (greenday)
COver 2 (Nirvana)
Cover 3 (Foo Fighters)
just some thoughts
What kind of punk. Like, pop punk or hardcore punk? Also, how good are the people in your band? If pop punk, I don't have any suggestions. If hardcore, do Pink Turns to Blue by Husker Du, Let Them Eat War by Bad Religion, and Search and Destroy by the Stooges.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Well depending on the genre you need different songs. Blink 182 never fails to get a crowd pumped. Dead kennedy's would be good for hardcore though.
more of the pop punk vein then anything, foo fighters sounds good though. diverse though, Nirvana won't fly with the band though, none of us are really a fan. I'm thinking about maybe reckless abandon for the 2nd cover
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
more of the pop punk vein then anything, foo fighters sounds good though. diverse though, Nirvana won't fly with the band though, none of us are really a fan. I'm thinking about maybe reckless abandon for the 2nd cover

Yeah, I love that song. Do Reckless Abandon.

Maybe you could do The Hell Song or Fat Lip by Sum 41.
You could go with some Pansy Division if you listen to them. You could do something off Underneath The Cork Tree from Fall Out Boy. Maybe some Polar Bear Club if your singer can do it. The Replacements have some good songs that could fit in there too along with some Blue Album era Weezer.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
Well I'm the singer/bassist haha. I'm a tenor. If that helps
Quote by barden1069