what is the closest program, for a pc computer, that works like garage band? with all the different instruments and music making abilities, plus using the keyboard to make music and all that other garage band jazz
My guess would be Cakewalk or Guitar-Pro.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Nothing really. You could try Reaper, but it's more powerful and less user friendly. Though I'd just as soon recommend you learn to use something powerful now anyway, even if your needs are modest.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I definitely recommend Reaper. I also occasionally use Cubase. I haven't used Garage Band much, but I didn't like it that much when I did use it.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by sporkman7
Stop being a pussy and buy a mac.
This is the only solution.

i was going to. then i decided that i ddint want to spend like 1200 bucks on a computer.
Fruity loops, if used correctly, has many realistic drum programs, guitar synths, a really good bass plug in, along with pianos and all the other synth creators. Haven't used garage band before though...
so reaper? and i can like plug my guitar right into it and stuff? and do all sorts of cool musical stuff?
Quote by LemonTurd
Reaper is very user friendly and powerful. Cubase is crazy..so many issues with it.

But it's light as hell.
Quote by sporkman7
Stop being a pussy and buy a mac.
This is the only solution.

True story though. I sound like a hypocrite, i've never sat down and tried to learn how to use i. Can you actually write songs like on tuxguitar or is it strictly record on to the mac?
Im a failure.
Mixcraft 4
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Quote by ryanfit4battle
so reaper? and i can like plug my guitar right into it and stuff? and do all sorts of cool musical stuff?

Sort of. You may want to consider an interface, or updating your sound card though.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by ryanfit4battle

Get a toneport ux1, cheap and really good.
Dual boot OSX and Windows/Linux/Other OS?

If that's doable for you, it'd probably work out fine to just use that OS for Garageband.

I mean, I hate anything Apple, and I'm still recommending that as an option.
Quote by ShallowEndings

True story though. I sound like a hypocrite, i've never sat down and tried to learn how to use i. Can you actually write songs like on tuxguitar or is it strictly record on to the mac?
Im a failure.

yea it has both a standard notation editor and some kind of weird keyboard editor where you choose the notes and the duration
People make Garageband out to be this amazing program, but it's no better than any of the alternatives listed above. Sure, it's an amazing program to come standard on a computer, but you shouldn't be going out of your way to find a program similar to it. I should probably mention that i own a mac and use garageband as my standard recording program (too lazy to restart my computer and boot up protools).