I'm stuck between four amps. I play classic rock but also blues (Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Hendrix, SRV), so I'd like a good clean channel and, if possible, decent distortion. I'd be mostly playing in my basement so I can crank it up to respectable volumes but nothing too extreme because I have neighbors and a dog that I don't want to deafen.

The four amps I was look at are: Fender Blues Junior, Blackstar HT-5, Blackheart BH5, and a Vox AC15.

I've only played the Vox AC15 (and I liked its cleans a lot, but didn't find it very versatile). I like the Blackstar and Blackheart amps for their having two channels - very handy. And, of course, the Blues Junior is a must to have on the list.

My price is around $300, which I can get all of these amps for about. I'm also willing to buy pedals so I'd like to factor pedal-affinity into the decision. What do you think, UG?
check out a crate v33. I got one, has amazing cleans and is tube. Is giggable too. Only cost me like 300 cause it was on clearance and they needed to get rid of them. I do not regret it at all.
The views expressed in this post are not that of the user and, as such, they shall be disregarded by all mods. Due to this binding clause, warnings/bannings can no longer take place.
Quote by Pinballwizard93
check out a crate v33. I got one, has amazing cleans and is tube. Is giggable too. Only cost me like 300 cause it was on clearance and they needed to get rid of them. I do not regret it at all.

I'm not into Crates, I'm sticking to one of the four that I listed before.
You have an interesting musical style as far as you favorite artists go. I've played the Fender Blues Junior, and for Hendrix and SRV it's perfect (though you might need a little wah pedal obviously). The AC-15 a friend of mine at school owns, and I'm not a big fan of it, the sound is a little weak for me (plus it kinda exploded during a jam session). Never tried the other two, so that's all I can help with.
$300 is a little low for most of those amps. BJr used maybe . AC15 used probably not. BS used lol, well ok you can get the head.
no love for the fender pro junior? Superior tone compared to the bj, imo. If you find an ac15 for that price I'd grab it, but good luck with that