Okay, first off there is really no piano section soooo yeah. Put this thread where ever it should be.

So in one of my bands songs named "In The End" theres a soft part that just has guitar and singing. We were thinking of changing the part to piano. I just cant ever get good chords to go with it.

The first chord I like is C# minor. Seems to work. But listen to the music: http://myspace.com/satirists
song: In The End
the part starts about 2:08.

I need some chords after C#m! haha
Thanks!
some keys sound better on certain instruments i didnt listen to it but thats all i have to say if thats the case try transposing it
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Well, If I transpose it, it'll sound weird. Since its between two sections of the song. its not the ending.
Quote by CrazyTy
Well, If I transpose it, it'll sound weird. Since its between two sections of the song. its not the ending.

You could just continue with the new key until the new song.
Perhpas it isn't the chords that sound wrong. Maybe you should be using different ways of arpeggiating the chord, or maybe breaking it up into different blocks. Play around with that, maybe.
I think I got it. Thanks for ya'lls help. I just needed to find some good major chords haha.
That arpeggiation and the C# makes me think of the first section of Beethovens Piano Sonata. (Moonlight Sonata no14)

If you're going to put a piano part in quote the first movement of the Sonata but if not then use it for inspiration for some interesting chord movements.

Please reply when you listen to it i want your reaction
Last edited by RedFez64 at Jul 8, 2009,
Off topic.. but.. didn't someone already make a hit song called In The End at some point?
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!