Page 1 of 2
What if the Jonas Brothers dropped their whole hardcore Christian routine, stopped selling sex to little girls, severed all ties with Disney, and just tried to be a regular rock band?

Would they make it? Would you listen to them? or you would you shun them on principle? Do you think they could be any good?
They are making way too much money for that.

So I won't bother to think about it.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
don't get your opinions from south park.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
So they would be like a pre-sell out band ,they would sell out first then go to "real" rock. I don't think they have very much potential. None of them sing very well and I highly doubt they play their own instruments.
i think there history would keep them down,they are just too deep
nou
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Quote by Boomking Gnome
What if the Jonas Brothers dropped their whole hardcore Christian routine, stopped selling sex to little girls, severed all ties with Disney, and just tried to be a regular rock band?

Not possible, m'fraid. I just can't imagine it.

And since when did the Jonas Brothers sell sex to little girls?
How do they "sell sex"?

Also, if I like someones music then I listen to it.
If I don't, then I don't.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
if they got a good singer.....maybe.

big maybe
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
I was thinking this today, only if they tried to be metal and actually succeeded. I was laughing at the pits responses even before it happened.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
So they would be like a pre-sell out band ,they would sell out first then go to "real" rock. I don't think they have very much potential. None of them sing very well and I highly doubt they play their own instruments.

They've got a band that plays behind stage or side stage or something.
If they learned theory, dropped their commercial attitude, wrote their own songs, changed their lyrical content to something more meaningful, and played their instruments decently, then I'd listen to them.
the jonas brothers band is actually like a 6 or 7 piece band. they've got another guitarist, bassist, drummer, and i think keyboardist who im pretty sure are all in their 30's...
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Quote by Pat_s1t
If they learned theory, dropped their commercial attitude, wrote their own songs, changed their lyrical content to something more meaningful, and played their instruments decently, then I'd listen to them.

Well that's just about everything, isn't it? I couldn't agree more.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Q: How many of the Jonas Brothers does it take to pave a driveway?
A: All 3 if you spread them thin enough!

*Cough*
I'm Canadian Eh?
Eat a live toad first thing in the morning. Nothing worse will happen to you all day.
Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes.
well in short...if they became a completely different band, played completely different music, and tried to be REAL rock musicians (just because they refer to themselves as rock musicians doesn't actually make them rock) then I might try out a song or to just to see if they actually were worthy of noting musically...but then again there are plenty of bands already out there that don't have to completely change everything about them for me to like 'em, so why wait for the jonas brothers? I'll definately spend my money on a new cd from muse, coheed or alter bridge, because I know I'll get rock music that I actually enjoy and has some substance behind it other than just power chords and songs about dating.

Hey, the oldest one is getting married, so maybe when he finally gets laid he will make some more legit songs. Then again, if that happens the entire population of 13 year olds will throw themselves off a building, so I'll just hope he doesn't while I instead wait for Aerosmith or the Stones to release some new music.
My Equipment:
Amp: Kustom Quad 65DFX
Guitar: PRS SE Custom, Shecter Omen-6
Pedals: Cry baby, Boss DS-1, MXR Phase 90
Quote by kannon
am i the only one that thinks disney owns there souls?

nah, thats pretty common knowledge
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
All Disney musicians make the decision as to whether or not to go to Disney. We all then have the right to refuse them admission into real music as long as they live, whether or not they cut ties with Disney or not. The bottom line is they are a household name for all the little kids. It is obviously what they enjoy doing. I hate their music with a passion but they are better than some of this other **** music being pushed on the Disney crowd. I mean, at least they put out an album PRIOR to their Disney movement. I remember reading reviews saying they had potential and what not. It was bizarre when a few weeks later they're all I am hearing about on the TV.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by Pat_s1t

If they did that there would be no more disney.
As long as they weren't ripping off any of the greats or slapping the face of the rock legacy, I'd give them a chance. However, until these pussy boys stop being puppets of Disney's corporate processed rock "genre" then I'm not going to subject my ears to something that would rival a Rosie O Donnel solo album.
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
I like 'em now so yeah. I'd like them to be a trio like shows on the show. I have a thing from trios. Only thing is I don't know if Kevin (the oldest one) can actually play lead cause they have a guy doing that for them. They already write their own songs, they even produced their first album if I remember correctly.
i saw the Jonas brothers on TV and 2 were "playing" guitars, and then there was another guitar player on stage who looked 40, what about there music requires three guitars?
there not mother****ing iron maiden!

Edit: so what TS is saying is impossible, cause they cant play thier own instruments
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daze Of My Youth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

caution: This sig employs the use of symbolism beyond "lol bright colours=flamboyantly gay
"
Last edited by wholelottabon at Jul 8, 2009,
They would have to:

1. Toughen up.
2. Change name.
3. Make good music.
4. Grow beards.
5. Brainwash me.

Then I would listen to them.
I've heard it both ways
I was thinking about this.

...when someone posted it for the first time 15 of these threads ago.
Quote by crzysnowborder
the jonas brothers band is actually like a 6 or 7 piece band. they've got another guitarist, bassist, drummer, and i think keyboardist who im pretty sure are all in their 30's...

+1

I once wanted to check this out, so I watched some of their lives and yes, they have a back up band on stage right behind 'em. Those guys are like 30.
They would have to:

1. Toughen up.
2. Change name.
3. Make good music.
4. Grow beards.
5. Brainwash me.

You had me at grow beards
It all depends on if they actually write GOOD music by THEMSELVES and have no ties with Disney.

But that will never happen.

If they actually were good, I'd maybe pay a listen to a song or five.
DeVillains!
I wouldn't listen to them because their evil is what made them and without it they wouldn't be, if you know what I mean.

Quote by Highway60Bob
don't get your opinions from south park.

It's true though, as are most things on South Park, suprisingly.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Page 1 of 2