I am an only child, and I'm kinda bored alot of the time. Its not so much of a bored where I dont have anything to do, its more so I feel as f I've done it all. I play guitar 2-6 hours a day, since its summer,and I have nothing better to do. I really think I'm missing out on somthing in my life. I have friends who I hang out with, not on a daily basis though, and when it rains, I dont usually bother having friends over. Right now, my Mom is walking around on crutches due to a fractured ankle, and many other things have happened, including my Grammy going to a hostpital(totally fine now) and my dads long time employee and friend dieing. Basically everything seems so gloomy and depressing and boring. Its like a gap that needs to be filled. Recently, I decided I wanted a dog or a cat. Somthing to take care of, and play with, to kinda help get rid of the lonelyness that always seems to be happenening. I dont have any other animals right now. I had Gerbils, and Hermit crabs, but I lost intrest completely in them, and forgot to take care of them most of the time. I feel pretty horrible for it, but I try to reassure my self, and think that theres reasons I lost interst. My gerbil, Zelda, did live very long for a gerbil (Around 3 and a half years) But back to the pont. My mom and I agreed a dog or cat would be fine. My dad on the other hand, seems to hate animals. He totally blows my off when I ask about a dog, saying that they are good for nothing animals that cost way more than they are worth. He says I wouldnt take care of it, and show no respect to him, because he assumed he'd have to buy it. I see why he'd think this, but I never said hed have to buy it. My mom doesnt want to say anything, because my dads decision is what she goes by. I cant think of a way to convince him to let me get a cat/dog, because he is ignorant, and would blow me off in less than a minute.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I just dont really know what to do.
A dog is the way to go. If you rescue one, I don't think they cost more than 10 bucks or something like that.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
"Help me" and "Pit"

It just doesn't sound right.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Dogs are annoying. What you should do:

1. Look at my sig
2. Get an idea from my sig
3. Go purchase a Jones soda
4. Take it with you while you explore abandoned buildings.
Quote by Turkeyburger
Dogs are annoying. What you should do:

1. Look at my sig
2. Get an idea from my sig
3. Go purchase a Jones soda
4. Take it with you while you explore abandoned buildings.
5. ????
6. Profit

Fix'd.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by burnboy85
I am an only child, and I'm kinda bored alot of the time. Its not so much of a bored where I dont have anything to do, its more so I feel as f I've done it all. I play guitar 2-6 hours a day, since its summer,and I have nothing better to do. I really think I'm missing out on somthing in my life. I have friends who I hang out with, not on a daily basis though, and when it rains, I dont usually bother having friends over. Right now, my Mom is walking around on crutches due to a fractured ankle, and many other things have happened, including my Grammy going to a hostpital(totally fine now) and my dads long time employee and friend dieing. Basically everything seems so gloomy and depressing and boring. Its like a gap that needs to be filled. Recently, I decided I wanted a dog or a cat. Somthing to take care of, and play with, to kinda help get rid of the lonelyness that always seems to be happenening. I dont have any other animals right now. I had Gerbils, and Hermit crabs, but I lost intrest completely in them, and forgot to take care of them most of the time. I feel pretty horrible for it, but I try to reassure my self, and think that theres reasons I lost interst. My gerbil, Zelda, did live very long for a gerbil (Around 3 and a half years) But back to the pont. My mom and I agreed a dog or cat would be fine. My dad on the other hand, seems to hate animals. He totally blows my off when I ask about a dog, saying that they are good for nothing animals that cost way more than they are worth. He says I wouldnt take care of it, and show no respect to him, because he assumed he'd have to buy it. I see why he'd think this, but I never said hed have to buy it. My mom doesnt want to say anything, because my dads decision is what she goes by. I cant think of a way to convince him to let me get a cat/dog, because he is ignorant, and would blow me off in less than a minute.

wat

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
I'm hoping I can prove I can afford a dog or cat, even if it means having to sell some stuff I like. Me and my mom will really have to put forth effort to get my dad to agree though.
I have some questions though:
Has anyone ever adopted a dog via a animal protection place ( in my case, MSPCA)
Second: What should I say to my dad to convince him. I plan on having him talk to an employee who treats his dogs like children, but I need a lot of stuff to convince him to get na animal.
i think that you should just get out more. you dont need a pet, just to get out of the house more.
i always wanted a dog. but now i think it would be too much hassle. they are really cute and friendly and mystical though. maybe you should do it. i dont know really, people are great too. just smoke weed. try and listen to music besides metal.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by MetalHead324
i think that you should just get out more. you dont need a pet, just to get out of the house more.

That seems to be another probelm for me. I know it sounds nerdy, but I have the most boring backyard/street to be in, and I have nothing to do outside, cept for riding my bike in circles. I get bored when I do stuff like shooting targets and wandering around the woods.
hang out with your friends more. i dont mean just literally go outside. go places with your friends, make plans to chill every day. ****, get into some trouble with em.
Quote by burnboy85

Sorry to hear it man
a little lost.....
your dad sounds like a total doucher. apparently he never got to experience the joy of having a dog when he was younger.

i feel you man, we've all been at points where we just seem bored as hell all the time. maybe consider getting a part time job somewhere or something. that'll help ease the boredom.

also, to the guy who said get a snake, FUCK yes. any reptile for that matter. I've got a dog, fish, (had) a bird, and i've got a chameleon, I had a snake before to but i gave him away to my cousin because i just have way too many animals to take care of. animals are just rewarding as hell. If you get a snake, i suggest to you a Ball Python, jungle carpet python, or emerald tree boa. should you get a lizard i would NOT recommend a chameleon until you get experience because they are incredibly sensitive and difficult to take care of. i would suggest a Bearded dragon. perhaps your dad would be more inclined to get a reptile since they are less "noticeable" than dogs or cats, and if he doesn't like it he doesn't have to look at it because it's in a terrarium.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 8, 2009,
Definitely get a dog, kittens are fun but when they grow up, they pretty much just use you for food and the occasional petting.

Cats are like Women, you spend your life trying to make them happy with nice things and spending time with them, when really, they don't give a ****!

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by floppypick
Definitely get a dog, kittens are fun but when they grow up, they pretty much just use you for food and the occasional petting.

Cats are like Women, you spend your life trying to make them happy with nice things and spending time with them, when really, they don't give a ****!

this is true. kittens are awesome, adult cats suck.

another idea, maybe get a rabbit. their care needs are very similar to other small animals, except they're bigger. rabbit's are awesome.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
your dad sounds like a total doucher. apparently he never got to experience the joy of having a dog when he was younger.

i feel you man, we've all been at points where we just seem bored as hell all the time. maybe consider getting a part time job somewhere or something. that'll help ease the boredom.

also, to the guy who said get a snake, FUCK yes. any reptile for that matter. I've got a dog, fish, (had) a bird, and i've got a chameleon, I had a snake before to but i gave him away to my cousin because i just have way too many animals to take care of. animals are just rewarding as hell. If you get a snake, i suggest to you a Ball Python, jungle carpet python, or emerald tree boa. should you get a lizard i would NOT recommend a chameleon until you get experience because they are incredibly sensitive and difficult to take care of. i would suggest a Bearded dragon. perhaps your dad would be more inclined to get a reptile since they are less "noticeable" than dogs or cats, and if he doesn't like it he doesn't have to look at it because it's in a terrarium.

First off, my dad had a dog when He lived in an apartment, but this was about 20 years ago orso, and he treated it poorly. He kept it chained up in his body shop, to an air compressor, and only used it as a gaurd dog. I tihnk he brought it to his apartment one or twice a blue moon, but he didnt treat it very well. It was a German Shepard names Pax, I belive. And I'd like a social animal, that doesnt need to be kept in a cage/terranium.
Quote by burnboy85
First off, my dad had a dog when He lived in an apartment, but this was about 20 years ago orso, and he treated it poorly. He kept it chained up in his body shop, to an air compressor, and only used it as a gaurd dog. I tihnk he brought it to his apartment one or twice a blue moon, but he didnt treat it very well. It was a German Shepard names Pax, I belive. And I'd like a social animal, that doesnt need to be kept in a cage/terranium.

i again suggest the rabbit then. they only require caging when you are out of the house, the rest of the time they need to be outside of the cage and enjoy interaction very much. they are just about as social as dogs, but they are a lot more quiet which your dad may appreciate. they still need to go to the vet once a year though, which he may not like.
I'd like to remind you guys, I still need to convince my dad into letting me get an animal. Its really hard to get him to listen, and he just seems to generally hate animals. If I didnt sum somthing up in one sentance, He'd think of something just vaugely realated to the issue, and say I'm careless, or somthing like that.
If you convince your father in having an animal in the house, you should get a border collie, those are the most intelligent, trainable, social and cute dogs, I told you this because I have one and he have been my friend since I was like 4 or 5. Awesome dogs I must say.
Quote by batman187
That joke died a long time ago.

Coming from someone who just signed up last month.

I don't have much room to talk, but then again I'm not trying to talk trash.

Oh and non-spam, I don't know what to say... that really sucks, I'm sorry man. I always wanted a dog, but my step-mom wouldn't let me. Bitch : . Oh well, I feel ya.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?
in addition to all of that, you also win the thread.

Quote by metallica724
>:O littlejoy isnt a creep hes full of win unlike you
EDIT: Sorry! It posted it twice, uhh just ignore this then.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?
in addition to all of that, you also win the thread.

Quote by metallica724
>:O littlejoy isnt a creep hes full of win unlike you
Quote by Ghold125
Tame a squirrel.

This
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
Quote by burnboy85
he is ignorant, and would blow me off in less than a minute.

Quote by burnboy85
He totally blows my off when I ask about a dog

Quote by burnboy85

Quote by burnboy85

Quote by burnboy85

Quote by burnboy85

Quote by burnboy85

Quote by burnboy85

Quote by geanes
tell your dad you will buy the dog

or just go adopt one from a shelter. those ones are the best because they are eternally greatful for you saving them from that place.

also i THINK its free or there might be a small charge for vaccinations but dont quote me on that. just look into it and good luck
^I S*** you not compadre!

Quote by Explorerpro
You Sir, Are Made Of Win.

Quote by El Hilliaro
Wow TS, this is a seriously great, original idea.

Anyway, I'm off, for some reason I have the strongest urge to listen to The Ramones.
Quote by burnboy85

??

For srsly, though, get a fish. Shit's badass.
kill all humans
Get a German Shepherd and name is Sergeant Pitty

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Look it up online. Calculate the cost of owning and caring for a pet, and state your case as maturely as possible.

Take him to a shelter. It'll be harder for him to say no with a cute little puppy in the room.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .