i've really been getting into it lately but dont know any scales that would fit into it and help me out a bit

so if anyones got some good tips or something for it, it would be appreciated
The point is to be experimental . Just try things and see what comes of them. Learn your modes and when to use them, and break a few rules.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by MetalGS3SE
The point is to be experimental . Just try things and see what comes of them. Learn your modes and when to use them, and break a few rules.

You can't break any rules. There are no rules.
Quote by timeconsumer09
You can't break any rules. There are no rules.

and Rule #1: They're meant to be broken.
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
Quote by Ribcage
and Rule #1: They're meant to be broken.

The point is, you can't break any rules because theory is just a way of describing sounds. There's nothing stopping you from ending a song that's in the key of C on the chord C#dim. You can do anything you want... it's like magic...
You can do anything you want... it's like magic...

So you can break the rules if you want.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Like everyone has already said, experiment with scales, try not to to stick to just one for too long. Also, experiment with odd time signatures.
I'm not really sure what you're asking, use of any particular scale is not in itself going to be experimental. It's how you apply them. Please clarify your question.
i think he was expecting us to say "oh you want a progessive sound, well they all play in Bb minor"