My dad has a Washburn acoustic and he has been having a problem with feedback for as long as he's had it. It's so bad that he can't turn it up in the monitors at all. He's tried a feedback buster which cuts it down a little, but still not enough.
We were thinking that the problem was that the saddle wasn't quite as long as the slot in the bridge. So he made another saddle today from a piece of bone, it's the right length but this one is not wide enough but it did cut down the feedback by a lot.
So, the question is, if the saddle was the right size, should the feedback be pretty much eliminated? or is there another problem? I know the feedback won't be completely gone, but we want to cut it down as much as possible. Thanks.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah
Changing the saddle will not improve the feedback in the slightest bit. Feedback is, for the most part, only related to the electronics in the guitar.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Jul 8, 2009,
Have you tried adjusting the EQ on the preamp of the guitar (if it has onboard electronics, that is; if not...than on your PA?)? Try turning down the gain if it all possible, and try to find that happy-medium between most volume and least feedback. It can be a painful process, but in the end it's worth it.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!