What do you think is the hardest song to play on guitar?

I have to go with concerto by cacophony. It's a neo classical metal song with some of the greatest and most impossible guitar riffs ever heard. Look it up on YouTube or take a glance at the guitar pro tab. WOW!
Buckethead.... need I say more?
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
i didn't really think Concerto was that hard to learn. all the neoclassical stuff seems just like simple stuff played fast. i would say stuff by Shawn Lane or Allan Holdsworth is the hardest to learn.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw
i didn't really think Concerto was that hard to learn. all the neoclassical stuff seems just like simple stuff played fast. i would say stuff by Shawn Lane or Allan Holdsworth is the hardest to learn.

You know concerto? I've only see a few people on YouTube who know it. I'm sure you can play it but not note for note. If you had proof I would be very impressed if it was note for note.
Quote by {MetalShredder}
You know concerto? I've only see a few people on YouTube who know it. I'm sure you can play it but not note for note. If you had proof I would be very impressed if it was note for note.

it's just sweeping and picking, i learned it note for note a couple years back. if i still had my means of recording, i would prove it, but i don't. and it is definitely not the hardest song ever.
Quote by AA00P
Technically one of the hardest songs to learn might be something from shaw lane. Otherwise, some Zappa songs are really really weird with various time shifts and different patterns that are hard to catch.
Fender Telecaster Thin Line

(For playing fusion as a solo project)
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Vox Wah
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Mxr Phase 90
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Boss DD6 Digital Delay
Maybe No Boundaries by Batio.
I haven't picked up that kind of speed yet...

Technical Difficulties by PG took me about two weeks; pretty hard-ish?
Concerto is the hardest song I know. I'm sure there are harder ones out there but I don't listen to all of that classical and jazz music. How long did it take you to learn concerto?
Rusty Cooley songs are insane. His songs and the songs he wrote with Outworld are just ridiculously hard.
Quote by {MetalShredder}
Concerto is the hardest song I know. I'm sure there are harder ones out there but I don't listen to all of that classical and jazz music. How long did it take you to learn concerto?

well, it was never my main concentration, so it took a school year (sophomore year in HS) but i never tried to learn it all at once, just piece by piece for fun. i've never really found neo classical stuff to be that hard for me, because a lot of it is fairly simple groupings and melodies sped up to a great degree. but stuff like shawn lane and holdsworth has weird groupings and timings and is sped up to an even greater degree.
Quote by AA00P
Quote by Travesty_Prone
I definitely think Lane's stuff is real hard, but isn't there someone better?

Holdsworth, maybe, but he's the only one who comes close.
Quote by AA00P
I find Holdsworth stretches to be harder than Lane stretches. Holdsworth plays slower but the patterns are just beyond weird. I can learn a Lane lick and practice it for a bit to get it really fast - but Holdsworth licks are like tonguetwisters.
Quote by Vlasco
I find Holdsworth stretches to be harder than Lane stretches. Holdsworth plays slower but the patterns are just beyond weird. I can learn a Lane lick and practice it for a bit to get it really fast - but Holdsworth licks are like tonguetwisters.

lane does have some weirder patters here and there that occasionally out-do holdsworth's but holdsworth does it more often. also, holdsworth CAN reach lane-like speeds, but remains subdued quite often.
Quote by AA00P
well im having a tough ass time with cliffs of dover (intro and solo)...
dunno if thats considered really hard
27mMoV31II7.a2
images by cacophony (becker/friedman)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpNIkRHbDZM

@ 2:32

those arpeggios are so smooth and flawless
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Holdsworth or Lane easily. Rusty Cooley's shit is pretty damn hard but I don't think it holds up to the aforementioned legends in terms of difficulty.
as well as the already mentioned, Stanley Jordan. Touch tapping is a bitch to play as fast, coordinated and clean as he does it.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Recuerdos de la Alhambra - Francisco Tarrega. not a particularly fast or wanky song that requires alot of left hand precision but more so of the tremolo picking and having it repitious and sounding the same throughout the whole song. it's basically a bitch to do and it sucks hard.
Some Hendrix songs are pretty tricky..
Bron-Yr-Aur-Stomp pretty damn hard (for me)
and some big shred, since I suck @ shred or some very technical jazz.
really any advanced eight finger tapping
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
I was listening to this album and it was classical. This guy was fingerpicking this crazy song. It was originally a Beethoven song. He was playing with nylon strings. It was intense. I'd love to see him do that live.