Didn't really know where to post this, so here goes:

Is there a such thing as Blues Metal (a combination of the Blues and Heavy Metal), and if so, where can I hear some good examples of it?
There are a few examples of it in the album 'Ki' by Devin Townsend Project.
Zakk Wylde?
Alice in Chains?

use your head bro! all metal comes from blues!
Quote by whatadrag
Zakk Wylde?
Alice in Chains?

use your head bro! all metal comes from blues!

My bad, I'm running on 48 hours straight of being awake (cant sleep), so I spaced on this question.
bout the closest thing u can get to that is groove metal. and examples are late pantera stuff(more then early stuff), some machine head,exhorder and sepultura.
A great combination of blues and metal is The Cult. Not really heavy metal, but pretty hard, and some great bluesy guitarwork. Sonic Temple is probably their bluesiest.
There's a vid somewhere of Malmsteen playing over a 12 bar on youtube, im not sure if that what you are looking for but its pretty interesting to see.
Quote by JAZZ_MAN919
There's a vid somewhere of Malmsteen playing over a 12 bar on youtube, im not sure if that what you are looking for but its pretty interesting to see.

Oh dear. Me and Goolz spoke about this in the past. It made us feel sick.
Quote by acoustielectric
Hendrix of course.

Where's the metal part?
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
his strat's tuners, bridge, pickups, strings, screws etc, all made of metal man!
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Black Sabbath.

The Stoner/Doom genre is dedicated to creating a 70s kinda of a sound, that might be what you're looking for.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
are you talking things that sound "Bluesy" with metal lyrics or "Metal" with the blues scale. In the later case.

Zack wylde
Pantera
Black Sabbath
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Black Stone Cherry is a good example. More of a rock band overall...but very blues and metal oriented.
Quote by vanshaya
Black Sabbath.

The Stoner/Doom genre is dedicated to creating a 70s kinda of a sound, that might be what you're looking for.

This.

Quote by ze monsta
Oh dear. Me and Goolz spoke about this in the past. It made us feel sick.

This

Quote by Cianyx
Or the entire stoner metal genre

This.

Sludge metal is what you want. Look up Eyehategod, The Melvins, Crowbar, Corrosion of Conformity, Acid King, Acid Bath, Dax Riggs (actually completely different, but still good), Down, Superjoint Ritual, etc.

Also, Motorhead.