I am so sorry......

Anyhow I'm looking into getting a peavy valveking royal 8. Has anyone has experience with one? Does anyone know of anything better?

Really I'm just looking for a small practice amp thats about the level of a 5w tube and does the BrOOtaLz stuff well, so metal and metal and heavy rock.

Thanks, I appreciate any comments, suggestions and flames (in this case I just concentrate on the fact that someone bothered to reply ).

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
I just got one actually. I love it, but unfortunately I don't play the metalz so I can't comment on it's ability in that regard. I went to a local guitar store and tried out every 5w tube combo they had and for the price the Royal 8 was clearly the best to me. If you can get to a store to check it out I'd highly recommend doing so. With the controls being as simple as they are you really have the ability to see what she can do in the store without too much difficulty.

A notable thing to me is that the amp responds really strongly to what your guitar is and the controls on your guitar, so me playing my Squier Strat through it with the pickups as weak as they are will never get a metal tone out of it, but I'll bet with a more br00tal guitar she'll do better. Definitely give her a spin if you can.
Thanks,

I'm thinking of getting a second hand one and putting some br00talZ tubes into it o get me even more gain. Any ideas anyone?

Also - any other small metal amps? costing 100-200 gbp?

I need low volume and would like tube.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Last edited by IYanoplathizoI at Jul 8, 2009,
Blackstar HT-5
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
The blackstar ht-5 would indeed work really well.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
I has a friend who had one.
It had JJs in, so in theory it should have sounded good.

But it sounded terrible. Probably due to the 8" speaker.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Hm. I have run in to a few reveiw that complain about the speaker. I think that I will blackstar it. The combos going for 300gbp so I needc 200 pounds 9-:

thanks all

/thread

Certified lurker