Page 1 of 4
Probably the people that piss me off the most. In my city I always used to think there were 2 suburbs with them and the rest was fine, i recently opened my eyes and I reckon 1 in 10 houses I've seen is a mansion now. I used to live in the same area as brothels, loud domestics all up the street, the pleasant odour of weed and a crapload of aboriginals that broke into our house all the time, now every 2nd house on my street belongs to some yuppies or a menopausal woman with fur coats and too much lipstick. WTF IS GOING ON??? Didn't snobs die out a bit with rock n roll? I go to a private school and i got a week of detentions for telling some chick to **** off back to pommy land (k maybe a bit racist too ) after she spent a couple of periods saying how she can't believe I don't have airconditioning in every room or a swimming pool or all this other crap.

So, is there anyone on UG that'll own up to being err... 'upper-class?' Anyone know what it's like behind those massive iron gates and double glass doors? I've been in one once and it was pretty much everything I would stereotype posh people as, but maybe they're not all the same. I hope. Are lots of those houses not as extravagant as they look, just modern? I'm talking about all these new ones popping up with grey concrete walls and purples and reds and dark windows and everything looks perfectly neat and square, you know the ones?
No I'm not at all wealthy... but, I think this is a little rude. Just because you have money doesn't mean you're the stereotypical rich person portrayed in movies like Clueless.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
Yeah life isn't fair like that. But I won't lie, I hate spoiled rich kids. Probably because I'm jealous

EDIT: Wait I know why. It's because they have so many more opportunities and advantages than everyone else and all they do is buy fancy shit and try to live like celebrities. And then donate some money to the church to make themselves look like good people
Last edited by Oroborous at Jul 8, 2009,
I dislike rich people very much, especially the spoilt ones, or the snobbish ones. If you can keep it to yourself that your well off I dont care then, unless your a billionaire, then I dislike you immensely, nobodies earned a billion dollars.
btw I'm not saying I don't like rich people I'm saying I don't like snobs. Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Oprah Winfrey, nothing wrong with any of them. The French chick that said 'let them eat cake' about poverty, something wrong with people like her.
Quote by Roast Beef
You realise this makes you a poor snob?

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-
Quote by stevve
I dislike rich people very much, especially the spoilt ones, or the snobbish ones. If you can keep it to yourself that your well off I dont care then, unless your a billionaire, then I dislike you immensely, nobodies earned a billion dollars.

Except for the people who've earned a billion dollars.
Quote by SmarterChild
Except for the people who've earned a billion dollars.

What could you possibly do that earns you a billion dollars? People that have a billion dollars haven't earned it through work, they've sat on there asses while the companies they own earn it for them.
Quote by stevve
they've sat on there asses while the companies they own earn it for them.

running a company sure is a cakewalk huh
Quote by Roast Beef
running a company sure is a cakewalk huh

No but they hire people to do that for them, CEO's accountants, you know that kind of thing.
Well I'm not very rich or anything, but my dad is a diplomat, so he gets a fancy house with a swimming pool where he's posted right now, so it's awesome fun when we go and visit in the summers
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by stevve
No but they hire people to do that for them, CEO's accountants, you know that kind of thing.

You realise you can't farm everything out though, right?
Quote by breadstick
You go to a private school...You ARE upper class.

Unless he got a scholarship, which seems unlikely. Or his grandparents are paying for it. Or maybe, his parents just really think that the quality of a private school education is better so they're putting themselves in horrendous amounts of debt to sacrifice for him.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
Quote by breadstick
You go to a private school...You ARE upper class.

My family also lives in a rented house and owes $130,000 to landlords and government, my parents would just rather we go to private school than own a house that's bigger than 14 steps from one end to the other
Quote by stevve
What could you possibly do that earns you a billion dollars? People that have a billion dollars haven't earned it through work, they've sat on there asses while the companies they own earn it for them.

You are aware that companies don't just appear out of nowhere and run themselves whilst some guy sits around doing nothing, right? Bill Gates didn't earn his money by doing nothing.
Quote by stevve

you are a complete ****.

why dont you start a company, and see how far you get.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by stevve
yeah because one day they just walked into the company saying "make me the boss of this company so I can become a billionaire" Moron it takes work to get to positions like that.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Quote by Roast Beef

Yeah, he still does work, but does the work really earn him billions? I mean if you're going by how he owns it so he should then thats what you believe, I just dislike that model very much. I'd prefer it that the money is spread more equally to the people that work in the company, as well as the guy who owns the company earning his share for whatever work it was he did, it's a group effort to get that kind of money, he didnt earn it all himself.

Quote by frog_friend
yeah because one day they just walked into the company saying "make me the boss of this company so I can become a billionaire" Moron it takes work to get to positions like that.

Most company heads where born rich and start companies with that money. So with them it really wasn't that much work

Ya it takes work to get to positions like that(sometimes) but when they do why are they allowed to do very little and still get paid the most?
Last edited by stevve at Jul 8, 2009,
Quote by tom1thomas1
The French chick that said 'let them eat cake' about poverty, something wrong with people like her.

Her name was Marie Antoinette. She was the Queen, and some one said to her that the peasants were starving, there was no bread. She replied by saying "Then let them eat cake"(early form of Pitmonkey, anyone?). However the quote is misattributed, she never actually said that.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by stevve

Companies that they, wait for it, WORKED on to get to be as income-earning as they are. CRAZY SHIT, I KNOW.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by stevve
Yeah, he still does work, but does the work really earn him billions? I mean if you're going by how he owns it so he should then thats what you believe, I just dislike that model very much. I'd prefer it that the money is spread more equally to the people that work in the company, as well as the guy who owns the company earning his share for whatever work it was he did, it's a group effort to get that kind of money, he didnt earn it all himself.

That's called Communism.
I'm Canadian Eh?
Eat a live toad first thing in the morning. Nothing worse will happen to you all day.
Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes.
Quote by Brandon!
That's called Communism.

Exactly my friend.

Quote by SmarterChild
You are aware that companies don't just appear out of nowhere and run themselves whilst some guy sits around doing nothing, right? Bill Gates didn't earn his money by doing nothing.

No, bill gates was born rich, he went to one of the few schools that had a computer and he spent a very long time figuring computers out, he then made some good decisions giving him a rich company.

I admit I exaggerated when I say they do no work, but they don't do enough work that earns them billions, they didn't earn it all by themselves, they have people who work for them.
Quote by stevve

Most company heads where born rich and start companies with that money. So with them it really wasn't that much work

Ya it takes work to get to positions like that(sometimes) but when they do why are they allowed to do very little and still get paid the most?

It's not just his work, of which entrepeneurs often do over a hundred hours a week of, usually for no salary at first, but the risk that the company will fail and waste all his money and time.

Employees enter this model having sacrificed nothing, they are entitled to a regular wage and benefits, and can easily leave at any time. There is no way they deserve the rewards.
Quote by Shortbuschld
Unless he got a scholarship, which seems unlikely. Or his grandparents are paying for it. Or maybe, his parents just really think that the quality of a private school education is better so they're putting themselves in horrendous amounts of debt to sacrifice for him.

hey seems unlikely I did get a scholarship to a school once but the school was so expensive it would've still cost more than where I am now. How smart you are's got nothing to do with how you type on a forum or what your opinion is. okay not much to do with it 2nd one about my parents more like it
Quote by stevve

what you're saying is that despite the fact that he has made choices which have made excellent business sense, and helped his company to grow and serve everyone better, and worked to make sure that his business plans were sustainable; despite all that, he does not deserve to reap the rewards?
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Quote by tom1thomas1
hey seems unlikely I did get a scholarship to a school once but the school was so expensive it would've still cost more than where I am now. How smart you are's got nothing to do with how you type on a forum or what your opinion is. okay not much to do with it 2nd one about my parents more like it

Maybe I should have clarified and said that it's unlikely that you got one based on academics.
Quote by Roast Beef

Aha, aha, aha. Wanna bet? You haven't spent the past few years in a country where the national telecommunications system was run into the ground by a weirdly-named American 'manager' who was given a zillion dollars and a good reference to leave after ruining it. He never did anything, apart from suck profits out us poor plebs.
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Quote by instagata0
what you're saying is that despite the fact that he has made choices which have made excellent business sense, and helped his company to grow and serve everyone better, and worked to make sure that his business plans were sustainable; despite all that, he does not deserve to reap the rewards?

He deserves what he's earned, no more then that, he's not the only one that contributed to the growth of the company. Without the workers there would be no company.

Quote by Roast Beef
It's not just his work, of which entrepeneurs often do over a hundred hours a week of, usually for no salary at first, but the risk that the company will fail and waste all his money and time.

Employees enter this model having sacrificed nothing, they are entitled to a regular wage and benefits, and can easily leave at any time. There is no way they deserve the rewards.

It was there decision to take that risk.

There would be no company without the employees, they deserve to make what they earn for the company.
Quote by Roast Beef
I don't blame them, you live in Perth for god's sake

lol is now a good time for a joke about sheep? haha Perth's not that bad
Quote by stevve
He deserves what he's earned, no more then that, he's not the only one that contributed to the growth of the company. Without the workers there would be no company.

clearly he has earned whatever the company has made after expenses!
it's his company!
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Quote by Shortbuschld
Maybe I should have clarified and said that it's unlikely that you got one based on academics.

yes based on academics...
Quote by stevve

You realise that that takes away any profit incentive to start a business, right? If you had a great business idea, but knew you were going to get paid the same as some IT bitch, why would you go to all the hassle (and it is a lot of hassle).
Page 1 of 4