i got a magical cord to hook up my two small amps together because i dont have money for a big amp, well i have money but i need it for a car and schooll so anywho i was thinking maybe i would pull a mastodon, where he hooks effects up to half the amps and leaves the others clean, now my question is, does it matter which amp i put them on? and if i do does which would be better? put the effects on the fist slightly bigger better amp or on the second smaller amp? thanks a ton in advance
Quote by AEROTROOPER159
whats this magical cord you speak of?

theres a special outlet on my first amp traynor dynabass 50 and when you buy this magical cord you put one end into the outlet and the other end into the input of the second amp to connect them together
Quote by bass-boy-garith
theres a special outlet on my first amp traynor dynabass 50 and when you buy this magical cord you put one end into the outlet and the other end into the input of the second amp to connect them together

that is called a preamp line out. it could have a 1/4" jack or an XLR jack. not magic,
very common.
Use the better amp on whatever you use most. If you play mostly clean with effects thrown in on a few songs then use the better one for clean usage.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Bassist Rising
Use the better amp on whatever you use most. If you play mostly clean with effects thrown in on a few songs then use the better one for clean usage.

thank you kindly my good sir
Quote by Casketcreep
Mastodon are now credited with inventing the bi-amp system?
Shame on you.

lol thats not what i meant, thats just the only example i know. i wasnt even aware that people did this in tell i heard that thats what mastodons bass player does, thats what gave me the idea in the first place = D
Quote by Casketcreep
Most professional bands will do it actually.

As far as I'm aware Geddy Lee is now using a tri-amp system.

oh i see, most intriguing, most intriguing indeed