I really want to listen to some jazz but don't like a lot of what i hear. Some i do. I liked what i heard from Herbie Hancock, Charlie Hunter, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, John Scofield, and George Benson. So anymore suggestions?
charlie parker's worth listening to, also cannonbal addreley, dexter gordon, charlie bird.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Django Reihnhardt
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Pat Metheny, Mike Stern, Joe Pass, Bill Evans, Dave Brubeck, Thelonius Monk, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Duke Ellington, Benny Goodman, Charlie Parker, Chick Corea, Keith Jarret, John McLaughlin, Ornette Coleman (though I wouldn't recommend him at start ), etc.
Last edited by UNIe at Jul 8, 2009,
From what I gather you like mostly traditional bop and soul. Wes Montgomery, Charlie Parker, and Bill Evans easily fit into those.

For more contemporary jazz, listen to Kurt Rosenwinkel, Brad Mehldau, and Mark Turner.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Just a few that haven't been mentioned: Horace Silver, Sonny Rollins, and Oliver Nelson.
Bill Evans is fantastic. Also Pat Metheny, Thelonious Monk, Duke Ellington, Joe Pass. I know they've all been mentioned already, but they're great.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Quote by batman187
Check out the song Take Five - Dave Brubeck, it's really good.

i'll second that. it was my introduction to jazz (plus it has a very good tab here on UG). the album itself is pretty solid and very accessible.