I recently purchased a solid state combo amp from an online retailer and had a change of mind. The amp has been sitting in my car, unopened in its box for the last week in temperatures of 95+degrees. I changed my mind again and decided to keep it.

My question is should I return the amp in case it suffered any heat damage?

Keep in mind the inside of the car reached temps of about 115 degrees fahrenheit. With the amp packaged, is this hot enough to damage it?
"teh most gains"
No, it wouldn't get hot enough at that temperature, especially if it was still boxed and packaged.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I don't think so. It's one thing if its a guitar, because then all sorts of **** happens. An amp, however, should be fine. The only thing that I can think of that could be hurt would be (if its a modelling amp like a Vypyr) the digital modelling board on it. I think they have certain heat restrictions.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by soul.power
I don't think so. It's one thing if its a guitar, because then all sorts of **** happens. An amp, however, should be fine. The only thing that I can think of that could be hurt would be (if its a modelling amp like a Vypyr) the digital modelling board on it. I think they have certain heat restrictions.

Yep, it's a v-ampire! OH NOES!
No, even the chips inside a modelling could withstand 40 degrees Celcius. There shouldn't be a problem. The only thing I would worry about with an amp would be humidity, not heat.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
No, even the chips inside a modelling could withstand 40 degrees Celcius. There shouldn't be a problem. The only thing I would worry about with an amp would be humidity, not heat.

Oh ok. I didn't know if they were similar to computers which just start melting without a fan.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by AEROTROOPER159
your funny.

*reported*

You're too young to be on UG

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
*reported*

You're too young to be on UG

owned
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by soul.power
Oh ok. I didn't know if they were similar to computers which just start melting without a fan.

that's only if it's switched on.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by FischmungaXTR
that's only if it's switched on.

Good idea, I think I will let it cool inside for a day before firing it up.
Quote by mountain2012
Good idea, I think I will let it cool inside for a day before firing it up.

An hour should be quite enough TBH.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis